Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nov-Dec 2019 Challenge: Orbisvapor

Spend quite the amount of time on 'handdrawing' gears...felt more like enginering than actually drawing though (as did most of the work thusfar )
    But I was able to create enough elements to assemble about 18 different kinds of gear in 3 different materials (and a template for the border)
    Still working from the border inwards...it's becoming a habit I guess ^^

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orbisvapor WIP 4.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	8.91 MB 
ID:	119028

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Spend quite the amount of time on 'handdrawing' gears...felt more like enginering than actually drawing though (as did most of the work thusfar )
    That's the difference between 'slapped some cogs on it' steampunk and functional steampunk fantasy waitaminute that's definitely Italy... oh dear.

I would have just made a tangle of pipes and slapped a few cog brushes on. You designed a boiler.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    That's the difference between 'slapped some cogs on it' steampunk and functional steampunk fantasy waitaminute that's definitely Italy... oh dear.

I would have just made a tangle of pipes and slapped a few cog brushes on. You designed a boiler.
    Got to be functional, or atleast appear to be, to make it somewhat convincing

Added the inside machinery of the Boiler and changed the name of the map.
    Also placed the rivers and started work on the mountains (and changed a few things here and there...as usuall )

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Orbisvapor WIP 5.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	119086

Also tried the impression of folds...but removed it since I didn't like it that much (I allready have a colourfull 'cartoonish' style and the folds gave the impression of a shiny new poster that came from some sort of magazin hahaha, but feel free to check for yourself!)

Name:	Orbisvapor WIP 5 Folds.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	119087

Lookin good, I love how you used the cogs to stimulate the antiquity compass rose lines and I'm looking forward to seeing what goes in that round in the top corner. Your new sandbars are also much better than the glow. Killer choice.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Lookin good, I love how you used the cogs to stimulate the antiquity compass rose lines and I'm looking forward to seeing what goes in that round in the top corner. Your new sandbars are also much better than the glow. Killer choice.
    Thank you for the kind comment Tiana
    Allthough I realise Steampunk is certainly not everyone's cup of tea, I am having a good time while working on this map.
    Ah yes, the sandbars...been struggling with those since I started...lines, glow and back to lines. I am actually doubling it right now since I think it gives more depth to the landmasses.
    The round framework will be used for the compass, but I am not entirely sattisfied with what I have thusfar

Added another shoreline (sandbars) and after fiddling with a new style I finished the mountains.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Orbisvapor WIP 6.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	119118

Flora added and roughly placed the spheres for the metropolitans.
    Really starting to embrace working digitally now

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Orbisvapor WIP 7.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	4.20 MB 
ID:	119139

Started work on the Metropolitans and changed my intro story accordingly (Initially I wanted to include existing monuments but I just could not deside what monuments to display without stepping on a few toes ). Also lay down the tracks for the Transorbital Express. While working on both I got a few ideas for a Legend so the Kettle probably has to make room for them

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Orbisvapor WIP 8.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	4.24 MB 
ID:	119185

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast