Hello cartographers!

I am a writer and am currently writing my flagship novel in a new series. As the title states, I am seeking a talented cartographer to create the map(s) for my series.

Also, for copyright purposes I will require full rights of the map(s) produced; however acknowledgement and credit will be given under the copyright, and of course the successful artist would be able to add any work produced to their own portfolios.

Overview of the world:

Without going into too much detail here (more detail will be provided upon request). The story is set on a a single continent, made up of three (3) kingdoms/empires etc.

1. Alscae - Typical European-esque kingdom, made up of 7 'states'.
2. Ra Mazah - A single Ancient Egyptian/Arab Emirates-esque empire
3. Ithris - an alliance of 3 smaller 'states' and an area of shattered floating 'islands'

Map Details:

Initially I am looking generate a detailed world map; as I plan to use as a reference point so it needs to contain detailed features such as biomes, geographic features, rivers, etc. name labels for regions, major water features, cities etc., and tracks/roads/routes.

While the theme of the series is fantasy, I have given quite a bit of thought to the landscape of each region/state. While it isn't sufficient for publication purposes, I have used Photoshop to generate a rough map of these which I would be happy to explain in more detail.

Project Parameters
While the project deadline is flexible, the budget for this project is tight. So I would require the services of someone who would be able to work within a reasonably negotiated commission for what I have in mind.

There is also a likely possibility of ongoing work, as I may look to generate city/town maps as the novel series progresses. So I would really like to form and maintain a professional working relationship with the successful artist.

If this sounds like a project you may be interested in - as I do not yet have permissions to send private messages on this site - please leave a comment with a link to your portfolio.