Thread: Celestials of Aakaasheey

Default Celestials of Aakaasheey

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	celestials.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	118795

This is the latest map from my world Aelwydi.

Here I am focusing on the angels that the people of Aakaasheey worship, they see the angels as they are represented in the stars. I used this tutorial to generate the stars and then build up the constellations and some of the lore of what they represent from there. You can follow the WIP here.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Very nice! I'm actually working on a similar map for my world of Azora, lol. Amazing how things like that happen. Great work though, I like your stars better than the ones I'm doing.. I was just doing dots but maybe I can adapt that tut to photoshop to get the same kind of effect.

Del

Creative idea for a map. I also really dig the border. Well done.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Very nice! I'm actually working on a similar map for my world of Azora, lol. Amazing how things like that happen. Great work though, I like your stars better than the ones I'm doing.. I was just doing dots but maybe I can adapt that tut to photoshop to get the same kind of effect.

Del
    I haven't used photoshop but I would think there are probably similar options, if not you can always just download GIMP as it is free just to create the stars then bring that into photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Creative idea for a map. I also really dig the border. Well done.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks! Now I just have to give out all the lore behind these celestials.

Quote Originally Posted by DrWho42 View Post
    excellent! good use of borders too
    Thanks! It took me a while using google image search to find some inspiration for the borders. I thought about trying to put some sort of mandala on the map but quickly realised that was beyond my skill.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    Thanks! It took me a while using google image search to find some inspiration for the borders. I thought about trying to put some sort of mandala on the map but quickly realised that was beyond my skill.
    Yes they are! I've tried my hand at mandala's as well, the finished product wasn't so great. But if you try again, you should look into using something called Lazy Nezumi, I feel it was money worth spending and haven't regretted it yet. You can make all kinds of lines with it and it's a plugin for PS so it is quite stable. I've also used it for CS as well and it helps with all kinds of lines, straight or otherwise. I think it would probably be invaluable for laying out a mandala.

Del