Thread: Ruins of Oor

Map Ruins of Oor

Hello, Guild!

My new map - Ruins of Oor. Nothing fancy, just part of my world :)

Hope you like it ;)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled_Artwork.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	118842
    Last edited by vb.maps; 11-15-2019 at 12:36 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Nice! I like the color palette you used for this map. I'm guessing the island is what's left of St. Louis?

Del

Default Blown Away

I really love this:
    * amazing, clean, uncomplicated lines that still feel organic
    * fabulous shadows and gradients on both land and water
    * features like mountains and trees that arent just a texture or a couple of cloned bits X1000.
    * an isometric-ish perspective that still feels spacious and "map-y" instead of clautrophobic.
    * Wow!

What I might still suggest:
    * Take a shot at labeling, it feels missing, and there are cool unique places on the map that we dont connect with because of a lack of a name.
    * Not crazy about the border, feels busy and a step below the rest of the map. (now don't get me wrong, I'm a debian fan)

Great stuff, that I aspire to be able to do!

"nothing fancy" but still manages to be fanciful

digging the arches! curious structures

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Nice! I like the color palette you used for this map. I'm guessing the island is what's left of St. Louis?

Del
    I looked up St. Louis and can see why you made this connection I guess with route humanity take towards a planet, when nature will take over world St. Louis will look like this Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Eoganachta View Post
    I really love this:
    * amazing, clean, uncomplicated lines that still feel organic
    * fabulous shadows and gradients on both land and water
    * features like mountains and trees that arent just a texture or a couple of cloned bits X1000.
    * an isometric-ish perspective that still feels spacious and "map-y" instead of clautrophobic.
    * Wow!

What I might still suggest:
    * Take a shot at labeling, it feels missing, and there are cool unique places on the map that we dont connect with because of a lack of a name.
    * Not crazy about the border, feels busy and a step below the rest of the map. (now don't get me wrong, I'm a debian fan)

Great stuff, that I aspire to be able to do!
    Thank you for thoughtful comment! Cloned parts are pet peeve of mine, dunno it just fell unnatural to me when i see of two same forests or building. It amazing time saving option and i don't argue against it, but prefer to take longer route

I looked at border with fresh eye after week after finishing and i can say what it need to be a bit thinner, but overall i like it Nice remark about debian.

Quote Originally Posted by DrWho42 View Post
    "nothing fancy" but still manages to be fanciful

digging the arches! curious structures
    Hehe Thanks!