Hi Folks,

Here comes a city map I drew a while back (almost a year now) for a RPG publication of which I have no news to this day. The client has been non responsive for 6 month now ... It is related to these two maps.

To say that I'm not at ease with city maps would be an understatement. They give me cold sweats as I have no idea where to start. Here, the size of the map did not allow for details so, I had just the layout (more like building filling and roads) to make (which is far worse for me than building details).

I used Torstan's method to draw this one as it is really efficient for small details and yet pretty evocative (I highly recommend his tutorials). Funny thing is, I had two cities to draw with the client giving mockups. And I drew both cities but then, something was bothering me with the second. I scratched my head for a couple of days and finally dove into my inspiration folder to realize I had drawn an almost clone of one of Jonathan Roberts (Torstan) map of Redwall. Mine had inside the mountain buildings and a destroyed outside city but the walls and towers + mountain limit were exactly the same. I contacted my client to ask him about it and also Jonathan (pretty embarrassed by the situation) to tell him I had unwillingly copied one of his maps. Jonathan was really cool about it and just pointed out that the design was copyrighted before asking me to keep him posted and further investigation revealed the client used this map as reference for his campaign but forgot where it came from. I was supposed to redraw the map but the client went dark ... That's why, you only see Lunargenti today (and sorry for the rant).

Enough talk, here's the map, I hope you do not dislike it too much.

Cheers !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lunargenti post.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	511.8 KB 
ID:	118867
© Thomas REY - 2018 - All rights reserved