Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bestiary Map Islands of Koletis

Thanks JO, I had to really dumb down the quality to upload on here that might be why.

Quote Originally Posted by AlTheArchitect View Post
    Thanks JO, I had to really dumb down the quality to upload on here that might be why.
    Nah, that would have messed up the line art too. I'm pretty sure you stretched a texture to make it a bigger size for the textures and that's why. I noticed it too. There's definitely some wiggle room with doing it to a texture rather than say, a photo. I'm sure most of us have done it, it's fine when the art is intended to be printed smaller, but it stands out in the digital full size. My art is not intended to be viewed at full size but with your tiny detailed monsters, this is definitely a 'zoom in for bonus effect' map and since many of us here make such art, we know what you did to get your results. Try slapping the same texture down several times and use the clone tool to clean it up if it's too small to cover part of your map but you still want to use that specific texture. Or turn it into a looping texture fill if that's possible in your program.

Anyway, it's lovely, lots of great bonus details, the first thing I ran into was the bear and I was like "yep thar's bars in hare" and because English sucks, reading that doesn't rhyme but it's all supposed to rhyme. The map looks great zoomed out, you'll have a future in this if you keep practising.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

This is an outstanding one ! I love the antique feel and the book integration is top notch. Well done

This is gorgeous, I particularly like the book background
    What software do you use? The monsters almost look like Vector art?

Ah, I recall seeing this on Insta. Great work on this piece. I like the dragon in particular. My only real criticism is on the choice of textures. Some of your textures appear crisp while others (e.g. the parchment are blurry and out of focus.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks, Arsheesh, I know that the background texture was not big enough and it is stretched as well I might need to change that !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12