Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bestiary Map Islands of Koletis

Map Bestiary Map Islands of Koletis

Here is the final version of My bestiary map of the Islands Of Koletis for this month's challenge, I really enjoyed doing that one and I hope you guys will like it too.

The quality should be good enough for you guys to zoom in and have a look at the smaller hidden details and creatures!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Islands-of-Koletis-Final-Small.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	8.85 MB 
ID:	118875

glad you like that, I didn't want to go too overboard with the size of the creatures, I think it looks pretty good!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Amazing. I love the style here. My only knitpick, and a very small thing indeed, is with the centaur and the ?bison in the bottom area. With the way the arrows are positioned it looks like the centaur should be on the other side of it. But really, this is absolutely amazing.

Thank you very much Arimel, I’ll try putting the wildebeest in the other positions to see if it looks better !

Looking very good! I always enjoy a map with a lot of hidden things .

I like the overall tone of this one, I think you captured the challenge's prompt quite nicely here. One thing I would personally watch out for, is using elements with varying line strengths that don't quite go together. For instance, your city ruins and some of the vegetation have very, very fine lines while mountains and coastlines have much heavier ones, which tells me that the scale of the original artwork on these things don't match. It's not a huge problem, but it is noticeable all the same.

Other than that, nice work. I like the overall layout of the piece, the book page texture looks great and the ribbon is a nice touch. Good font choice too - is that something from Three Island Press or am I getting my typeface designers mixed again?
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thanks Kellerica for all the kind words and input, it was actually my choice to make the coastline and mountains lines a little bit bigger by using bevel and emboss to give it a more irregular and hand drawn feeling.
    The font is Cezanne.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Wow ! The amount of details is mindblowing !
    And the beasts are gorgeous !
    I just regret a small detail : when the map is zoomed in, the details of the paper are in too low resolution to match the amazing details of your drawings ! But it's just when zoomed in... The picture zoomed out is splendid !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast