Thread: Path To The Hill

Guild Artisan

Default Path To The Hill

I have been working on some new textures. This is just a small section of a much larger map. This is a tabloid sheet 11x17.

Just trying to get some thoughts on it. Do the textures work good? I am thinking I may have bumped the grass too much, should be less course.
    And I am never sure how to do grids. Some of the sections of the rocks(cliffs) shouldn't be climbable, but the smaller ones would be. Obviously the grid should be below the tree, just slipped on this jpeg.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PathToThehill.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	733.7 KB 
ID:	118887
    Last edited by Kier; 11-16-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by DrWho42 View Post
    nice autumnal colours
    Thanks. The color scheme is sort of evolving. It wasn't completely intentional. I was liking the rock and dirt, but when I brought the grass in, it was too green, so had to break it down to a couple layers and colors to mute it. Which of course made any tree color I brought in way too bright, so I went with a yellow leaf tree.

In truth when all is said and done, I am not sure the tree will even be there in the final map(44x44 inches or so.) Or it might be bare or dying. This is just the path up to the plateau, hill which I think will either have ruins or a tower, or I might do both options.