Hello! My name is Alena and i'm a student-architect from Russia.
At the institute, we have the task of creating a museum, and I chose the topic of cartography. I am not familiar with it in details, but I am very interested to know it closer. I have already looked for different cartographic museums, but it is difficult to find a single space for many different maps. I want to combine three different structures in my museum - maps of the earth, sea maps and astronomical maps. I donÂ’t know for sure, but I think that they should be looked in different conditions - somewhere daylight is needed, somewhere only artificial light.
I decided to contact you on the forum because it have a lot of active users. I will be glad if this topic seems interesting to you and you tell me what I need to consider when i will designing a museum.

The questions I would like to ask - how do you see the cartographic museum? if it would be more comfort for you to move with floors (earth/sea/sky) or in one space. if you had experience going to cartographic museums or reading rooms of maps - tell me - what did you like about them and what was wrong?
in general, any thoughts will be very necessary. Thank you for your help! I hope someone responds!
I will try to bring sketches of it in future!
Thank you!