Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World of Manifest: by Jared Blando

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Map World of Manifest: by Jared Blando

Hey All,

Here is a map of Manifest I did for Waypoint Game Designs, a Scifi/Cowboy RPG.

They recently successfully funded a Kickstarter Here (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...nifest-the-rpg) and their website can be found here: https://www.manifesttherpg.com/

I met both the creator and Art director at GenCon, and they hit me up after the show for this commission. While I have been quite busy in the last few months on a number of maps, this (and another small town map of Waypoint) have been some of my favorites to work on.

I played with color and style, especially trying to keep in that scifi/prospector vibe, and hearkened back to a more traditional mountain style. I wanted the map to be vibrant but legible, and cleaner than most of my other work. The intense heat had to be represented, as well as the sparseness of the settlements.

Questions, Crits, and Comments welcome, as always.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map of Manifest 125dpi Blando Manifest.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	118965   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map of Manifest Sample 1.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	443.2 KB 
ID:	118966   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map of Manifest Sample 2.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	464.9 KB 
ID:	118967   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map of Manifest Sample 3.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	660.5 KB 
ID:	118968  

This is a great map! I love your style and the way you incorporated a bit of sci-fi. I am a fan.

Those colors are great!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I preordered your city design book, I just love it!! Thought you would want to know!!

Great maps once again! I must say you are one of my all time favorite cartographers. Keep up the wonderful work!!

Del

It's insane how good your maps have gotten lately, man. Amazing stuff.

I also didn't realise you had gotten another book out! I know what I want for Christmas now. Thanks for the heads-up, Del.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Your vibrant colours really do make the deserts look hot and dry. looks fantastic

Nice play with colours and great map as usual.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Very clear, easy to read (which seems to be important for a video game, I think) ! You put a lot of atmosphere in those maps, with your warm colors, and elements shapes !
    Thanks for sharing !

This is indeed a nice map. And I am glad to see you experimenting with more different styles. Not that your classic Blando style is bad or anything...but I always like to see such talented mappers like you "stretch their legs", so to speak.
    The colors are really really nice. And I like that you were able to provide a pretty decent resolution for this one. Lets me look at the details ^^

As for the Kickstarter...looks very interesting. I'd love to try that game. But as apparently normal with RPG KS these days, the company is waaaay behind. One reason I pretty much stopped supporting projects on KS. There is just not enough accountability for keeping to your word/promises (aka schedule).

Another thing that always gets me with RPG KS : why would you make a Quickstart a backers-only thing?! That's just a very bad business decision. Make it available to everyone interested. It sells your game!

Sorry for the tangent, I'll stop now. To reiterate: awesome map with beautiful elements and lovely colors!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

I'd not heard of this RPG till now but the concept has very much peaked my interest. Fantastic job on the map as usual. The color hold technique you used on the mountain linework and shading is an effective and elegant one for showing the transition from temperate to arid or arctic land. Wonderful work as usual.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast