Thread: Siege of Messolonghi (Freedom Board Game)

Map Siege of Messolonghi (Freedom Board Game)

Hello!

This is a map I did last year for a Board Game called "Freedom" by Phalanx Games. It's a game about the siege of Messolonghi (greeks vs ottomans) that occured during the greek war of independance.

It's a version without the gaming stuffs & lines and it's half size of the final version.
    An artist from Phalanx changed the colors for something more pleasant to the eye and it's that last version you'll see if you buy the game.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Freedom.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	3.85 MB 
ID:	118975

I hope you'll like it!

Oh, very nice. Although being the sucker for dark tones that I am, I'm completely in love with the tones used in the final version of the game... No offence to your typical colors intended, of course. Impressive work on the city's perspective!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

The whole map is nice, but all the details are splendid !!!
    I love the way you worked the perspective... The houses are amazing (so much of them and so different)... The city walls are great, very well rendered, with the help of the shadows... I love the coasts too !
    You did a great job with this one !
    Did you use 3D for the accuracy of perspective and details ?
    Anyway : Congratulations !
    And I prefer a lot your colors to the one in the game !

edit : ... I seldom agree with Kell about colors...

Once again, I cannot rep you but, damn ! No need to press print the board to get the relief feel, you are a master of shadows

By Kellerica
    Oh, very nice. Although being the sucker for dark tones that I am, I'm completely in love with the tones used in the final version of the game... No offence to your typical colors intended, of course. Impressive work on the city's perspective!
    Thanks, Kel ! I do find their version more "artistic" and appealing too. And I keep using basic 3D models for that kind of maps.

By - JO -
    The whole map is nice, but all the details are splendid !!!
    I love the way you worked the perspective... The houses are amazing (so much of them and so different)... The city walls are great, very well rendered, with the help of the shadows... I love the coasts too !
    You did a great job with this one !
    Did you use 3D for the accuracy of perspective and details ?
    Anyway : Congratulations !
    And I prefer a lot your colors to the one in the game !
    edit : ... I seldom agree with Kell about colors...
    Thanks a lot, Joël ! Well, In truth, there are only 3-4 different base models for the houses, but I did try to add diversity when drawing. And yes, I'm still using SK for perspective.

By ThomasR
    Once again, I cannot rep you but, damn ! No need to press print the board to get the relief feel, you are a master of shadows
    , merci Thomas ! I'm probably more comfortable with shadows than colors...

A very fine piece Ilanthar. I like how varied the buildings are, it feels like a living breathing town.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

By DrWho42
    i enjoy the wall defences
    Thanks, Dr !

By Arsheesh
    A very fine piece Ilanthar. I like how varied the buildings are, it feels like a living breathing town.
    Thank you very much, Tad !