Thread: City of Secomber map request

Default City of Secomber map request

Hello All,

I'm a DM for a group of amazing players and would love to flesh out the city that our Campaign is based in. I have tried my best at drawing it myself in freehand but searching this amazing forum and seeing all the talented cartographers has made me reach out to you all.

Commission
    - $50 to $100+ USD depending on detail and size

Subject
    - City of Secomber in the Forgotten Realms
    - I have found a map (unknown author) that I have made my own additions to. Map to extend past the borders of the city, including two intersecting rivers. See attached "Secomber.gif" for scale
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/10/73...7a87550151.jpg
    - I would also be open to the cartographers creativity in using descriptions of the city to make their own representation of it
    - I would send details of the key locations and descriptions once communication is established with prospective artist. See below Forgotten Realms wiki link for a general description
    https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Secomber

Style
    - Mike Schley Maps are a style that I enjoy so would like something with similar detail and art. Top down perspective.
    - His Thornwall map is the style I was hoping for.
    - Color is preferable but greyscale is ok

Quality & Size
    - 11 x 17 minimum
    - 22 x 36 preferred
    - Required for print
    - Would like to print it and set on our game table

Time Constraints
    - Prefer within 2 months or less
    - Willing to wait for much longer for the right map and artist

Copyright
    - I would like reproduction rights to the map

Contact
    - Please e-mail me at lach--van--86atgmail.com
    (remove the -- and covert at to @)

Thank you,

Lach
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	secomber.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	492.0 KB 
ID:	118983  

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Hey Lach, for a commission of that kind most people will give you price quotes that are about three to five times the max of what you're offering as compensation... :/

By looking at your sketch, it looks pretty complex.
    Also, Mike Schley is among the best and is has detailed maps.

Thanks Wired and Azelor

Seems like I need to do more research and be more realistic regarding my expectations. Definitely not expecting a Mike Schley map but something of similar style. I will review our fellow cartographers as a style reference instead and update accordingly.

For any prospective cartographers I would be Ok with reducing details/size/etc. to within a realistic budget and can increase commission accordingly. Thank again.

Default Taken

I'm very happy to say the commission is Taken. The map has found an amazing artist and has been commissioned. Thanks to all those that have viewed it and provided their offers.

Dear Moderators, please change status of Request to "Taken"

Cheers!

Mike's literally selling that large size of the Thornwall print for more than $100 USD. I would LOVE to do this map in that style, I really would. It'll cost a bit more for that print size but we can talk about it and negotiate something that works probably. My portfolio of fantasy map artwork.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Was the final map made by Ish_Joker?

https://www.reddit.com/r/dndmaps/com...the_forgotten/

Anyway, that's my 20+ years old Secomber map :-) I do have a key for the buildings, but I never fully wrote up all buildings.

I'm planning to redo the document, and I wondered what you made up your version of Secomber...

Seems likely, the timeline of that Reddit post lines up. However, they haven't been on the forum since 2022 so you'd do better asking on Reddit, where Ish_Joker is still active.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Seems likely, the timeline of that Reddit post lines up. However, they haven't been on the forum since 2022 so you'd do better asking on Reddit, where Ish_Joker is still active.
    I'll give it a shot there. It's funny how many features of the original map showed up in many other drawings over time :-) Evolution at work, I guess :-)