Thread: Hello fello Cartography enthusiasts

Default Hello fello Cartography enthusiasts

Hello All,

I'm very happy to have found this wonderful forum. I have always been interested in maps and map making. In browsing the forums I'm amazed at the talent and creativity we have here. Look forward to all the new submissions and challenges. If I get brave enough I will post some of my creations mostly consisting of Dungeon maps for my D&D campaign.

Look forward to being a member and a part of the community.

Cheers,

Lach

Welcome to the Guild Lach! There is definitely a ton of talent floating around here. Glad you joined us and I look forward to seeing some of your work

- Josh

The advice I just gave on another thread about getting braver: try participating by commenting on people's maps, imagining how you would feel if you got comments like that on your art, and interacting a bit with the people who comment here often. Once you get a bit of rapport you'll probably feel more like you're sharing art with your friends rather than scary strange critics, and it won't be such an anxiety-inducing thing. Of course you should share your art, but once you're ready for it! It's intimidating stepping out when you've just gone and made your first few maps, heck, I get anxious about it after making hundreds and actually thinking I like my art. Once you comment a bit you'll see we're actually not that scary here (it's not like Reddit or another social media, people are generally quite nice and give comments to help you, not to hurt you).

Welcome to the guild.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!