Thread: The Village of Forling

Default The Village of Forling

This is another village map that I did recently.

Forling is a small village in the Farlal Vale between the Farlal Hills to the north and the Forling Forest to the south, located along the river Trae. The village used to be in the Kingdom of Burbry, but recently the Duchy of Daundry, and with it Forling was annexed into the Kingdom of Domari. Their new dwarven overlords haven't interfered with the daily ongoings yet, but a number of dwarves have travelled north and settled in the village.

The village is has always been fairly isolated. Being in the far southern ends of the Duchy of Daundry and near the old borders of the kingdom it saw very few travellers. The dwarves mostly stuck to their dwellings in the mountains and weren’t heard of or seen that much. The people of Forling were used to a quiet and uneventful life.

Towards the end of the war King Auder XI signed a treaty, transferring the Duchy of Daundy to the dwarven Kingdom of Domari. The burbric people, mostly human, felt angry and abandoned by their king, and had to deal with this new life. At first, not too much changed, but quickly dwarves started coming from the south. Most continued traveling north, but some stuck around and settled in the village. Most of the dwarves have built their houses across the river from the main village and mostly keep to themselves, but the people of Forling don’t like outsiders much. There’s a tension in this village and sooner or later, something has got to change.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forling small.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	6.36 MB 
ID:	121685

As always, let me know what you think!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Simple but at the same time good looking and efficient !
    I love the way you draw the grasse : texture and little dots for flowers ! A very good idea

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really nice and clean! I like the backstories that you have for all these maps!

Nice little village, always useful!