Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Berdingen

Default Berdingen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Berdingen1.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	3.85 MB 
ID:	118987

Berdingen is a small village consisting of half a dozen farms and a mill. It is owned by the lords of Karnberg, whose local representative resides in the only larger house to be found in the village. Berdingen doesn't have its own church, it belongs to the parish of Arningen. Due to its location further up the valley there are no vineyards to be found anymore, and the farmhouses are more frequently of log construction.
    As a special thing, the villagers use a common granary for their harvest and valuables. The granary is a tower-like wooden building near the centre of the village, which also enables the people to withstand smaller attacks.

The drawing was done with a HB pencil and diluted indian ink for the shadows. Its size is approximately 9,5 x 14,5 cm.
    Last edited by Chlodowech; 11-21-2019 at 06:08 PM.

As beautiful as your work always is. This is exactly the kind of village I imagine when I think of the smaller locations on my worldbuilding projects. Absolutely lovely! I'm always impressed by your maps, man. Please do keep them coming.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

delightful work! i dig the storybook aspect

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Your technique is so good ! Always impressed by your mastering of ink, pencil, etc. !
    Thanks for sharing !

You're a reference for medieval villages and towns, Chlodowech! I admire your technique.

Very good and it looks very believable as well.

I can add nothing to what has already said than to say I totally agree. Splendid work.

As beautiful as your work always is. This is exactly the kind of village I imagine when I think of the smaller locations on my worldbuilding projects. Absolutely lovely! I'm always impressed by your maps, man. Please do keep them coming.
    delightful work! i dig the storybook aspect
    Your technique is so good ! Always impressed by your mastering of ink, pencil, etc. !
    Thanks for sharing !
    You're a reference for medieval villages and towns, Chlodowech! I admire your technique.
    Very good and it looks very believable as well.
    I can add nothing to what has already said than to say I totally agree. Splendid work.
    Looks great!
    I'm very sorry my answer to all this kindness took a while, but i have a very hard time getting a proper way of saying thanks for such praising and kindness. In fact i still don't have an appropriate reaction for this, so i'll keep it short and simple. Many, many thanks to all of you! You gave my more or less every kind of compliment i can think of.

PS: Thinking about it, the best way i can react to this is exactly what Kell told me - keep the maps coming

Beautiful work! I can fully imagine walking down that road.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast