Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nov '19 / Jan '20 Lite Challenge: The City of Osaron

This is coming along nicely.
    The rooftop colors really help define the buildings.

A work flow suggestion, if I may:
    You might want to refine the streets before doing more coloring - you'll probably have to shift the positions of some of the buildings and that might be easier while they are still only line art.

Guild Member Guild Supporter

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by bkh1914 View Post
    This is coming along nicely.
    The rooftop colors really help define the buildings.

A work flow suggestion, if I may:
    You might want to refine the streets before doing more coloring - you'll probably have to shift the positions of some of the buildings and that might be easier while they are still only line art.
    Thanks for the advice/input and encouragement bkh1914. Great idea on the streets. The ones on the map are sort of place holders that I put down to help define the neighborhoods. I am planning to go back and line art the larger and medium streets. I might do some "demolition" around the arena to make a large square, the kind of open space you would have where people gather to got inside for the games.

The coloring is challenging for me tbh. I am not sure I will get a very uniform look with my limited experience by the end of this but it's fun experimenting.

-S

Guild Member Guild Supporter

Wip

Here is my latest work. Sidelined with the holidays. I seriously doubt I'll finish this in time for the deadline. I am still struggling with coloring and trying to find the right use of layers and opacities and brushes to get it working. Not really happy with how it looks at this point. Definitely feel I bit off more than I could chew in terms of the size of this thing. I continue to learn a lot though and become more at ease with PS. Going to mess around with some simple sketches to sort of clear my head.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Osaron Draft 6.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	7.88 MB 
ID:	119616

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12