Thread: Nov '19 / Jan '20 Lite Challenge: The City of Osaron

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member Guild Supporter

Wip Nov '19 / Jan '20 Lite Challenge: The City of Osaron

Osaron has often been called “The City of Two Spirits.” Divided by the Osaron river, the north and south sides give a very different feel. The older part of the city is the south side. Dominated by the great arena, the south side is a place of ferocity and violence. This was for centuries the only reputation Osaron possessed. But when the high temple was destroyed inland, it was rebuilt on the shores of Osaron. With it came piety, education, arcane schools, and refinement. Now the two sides of the city live together and apart, sharing the ports and the benefits each side has to offer…….

My first challenge, and my first big city map. Already feeling like I’ve bit off more than I can chew. I want the south side to be cramped, and dense, with hovels and tight neighborhoods encircling the arena. The north bank will have larger buildings/universities, etc with the temple overlooking. Both the temple and arena are elevated, almost facing off over the river.

That’s the idea….pulling it off will be something else, with time being a big factor, and I have limited experience with shading and coloring.
    This first draft has a lot of place holder stuff like roads etc. Any tips are appreciated. I also don't know if I am following the rules with my posting so please correct me where needed. Thanks, Sid

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Osaron Draft.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	119020