Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Known_world_WIp2.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	3.95 MB 
ID:	119022

First time posting in about a couple of years. I have jump-started my love of cartography again and the artform. I
ve also sunk some time into Wonderdraft - which is impressive software - instead of using straight up photoshop. I plan on combining my skills in both programs but this isn't the reason for this post.

I would like some help on this map. I want it to be better, and I want it to make the most sense as possible.
I've been told about the island chain labled "Saltoir" (i.e. Islands like that are left overs or products of large mountain chains.) But I am not sure where to put those mountains on any of the continents. Storywise, the Saltoir archipelego was a mountain chain that was sunk beneath the waters vis some crazy magical event. But I suppose hand waving "A WIZARD DID IT" isn't as cool as it sounds.

Also, the large lake to the north of the label "Lynia" has a massive outflow river. It too was magically made. The problem with that a helpful commented on reddit (the same who pointed out the mountains) said it looks like the Lake would just empty out into "Lynian Expanse" very quickly. Regardless of magic or not. Should I make it more narrow then?

Anything else to toss my way to think about and or work on?