Thread: Hi y'all!

Default Hi y'all!

Hello everyone!

I am very new to the cartography hobby and quite hesitant to post my work as there are so much incredible arts in here.
    Yet I'd like to improve so here I am!

I didn't try any digital tool yet but really interested to do so.

Hope to see you and your crafts later!
    Cheers!

Eh, don't worry about it too much. While it's certainly true that we have some mindblowing talent among our ranks, everyone has to start somewhere. Take a look at this thread if it makes things any easier

I look forward to seeing what you'll create! I'm an all-digital artist myself these days, so I can certainly recommend giving it a go - I've never looked back.
    Welcome to the Guild!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

So fr everyone has been friendly and posting my work have lead to some significant improvements... So welcome, and we look forward to seeing your stuff!

Welcome.

I think my art is awesome (and I didn't for a long time) and I still hesitate to post it on here! So I get ya. Take your time, post if and when you're ready, maybe try commenting on a few maps to get a feel for how it goes, and imagine how you would feel if you got comments like that person is getting, and see if you feel ready for it by participating as a commenter and letting people get to know you as a friend first. That might help you feel less nervous about it, if you have rapport with a few of the commenters here, and start to think of them as friends rather than scary strange critics.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Thanks everyone

If you need help getting digital art set up or what software is good for certain things (and free) just let me know.