Thread: Album gallery 404 error

Post Album gallery 404 error

I had this bookmarked to look at maps sorted by new, but when I click on it now I get:

404 Not Found
    nginx/1.10.3 (Ubuntu)

https://www.cartographersguild.com/albumall.php?

Blog Entries

It was being abused by bots - specifically the hrefs2 bot and the semrush bot. They hammer the albumall script and download every image from it and it slows the whole guild down. So I took them offline. If it could be made so that members had to be logged in to use them then I think it would have completely avoided the issue but I can see these bots on the whos online and they are all gulping it down from this one and another similar one.

Honestly I didnt think any member was using them. But ill have a look into whether I can make them accessible from member login only and if so ill put them back up.

EDIT:

I have modified the standard vbulletin code so that if your logged out then you cant use these links but if your logged in they ought to work again.
    Thanks for posting notification that you are using them ! I'll keep an eye on their use by the bots tho... no promises...

EDIT2:

Like right now.... but you see the red dot - that means its getting denied.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AlbumAllBots.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	119094  
    Last edited by Redrobes; 11-28-2019 at 12:29 PM.

It works! Thank you.

> It was being abused by bots - specifically the hrefs2 bot and the semrush bot. They hammer the albumall script and download every image from it and it slows the whole guild down.

For what purpose?

Blog Entries

I don't know but I can tell you that since I had the scripts taken down they were still constantly trying it. I think the script is a bit open to abuse anyway so I like the idea of you having to be logged in to see a lot of images. I think guests can still see a members album just not everyones albums all at once. I can see the attraction of listing them by latest and seeing who has uploaded a new album image so if your logged in then you should be able to continue to do that.