I've decided to jump in on this too. The concept is basically derived from that sleeping guy in the Dark Crystal, this is a town based around a bunch of monks/mages/scholars who make discoveries and explorations by sleeping for long periods. The town/village built up around their monastery to service the institution, and the costs of running it are made up for by the manipulations and discoveries of the sleepers when they wake (or when, perhaps, they do somewhat nefarious things in the dreams to satisfy their corporeal needs). The town also serves as their guardians whilst they sleep.

This isn't a WIP yet, but I figured I'd show the buildings I have to work with. Many are from my Dwarf City, but I've made some new ones to go along with the them including the citadel of the sleepers (marked with a 1). I still have to make a few more, such as the bridge to the citadel, and indeed finish the citadel up since I'm not really happy with it as it currently stands.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SleepersandWatchersBuildings1.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	973.9 KB 
ID:	119105
Looking at it now it's clear I've misscaled some of them. Oh well it'll do for now.