Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A quick 'Atlas Awards' reminder as 2019 draws to a close...

Info A quick 'Atlas Awards' reminder as 2019 draws to a close...

Only one month remaining till the end of 2019! Once the new year starts, we'll be asking for nominations for the Atlas Awards once again, and we'll post more on that early next year.

In the meantime, can I remind everyone that only works that are posted in 'Finished Maps' during 2019 are eligible for nomination. If you created a challenge map and didn't re-post it in Finished Maps, or maybe you completed a WIP and forgot to post the final version, you've got till 31st December to get it into Finished Maps.

You can easily check back everything you’ve done this year by going to your profile page and clicking 'Find latest started threads' from the vertical menu near the top left. If you've missed something, make sure to post it in Finished Maps before the end of the month.

Thanks, all. We're looking forward to showcasing the 'best of the best' once again next year!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Just giving this thread a little bump for anyone who may have missed it.

Final reminder to post your work to Finished Maps before 31st Dec!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Aye, aye, Captain Red !

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I did miss this! Thanks!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Thanks ChickPea! Unfortunately, most of the maps I made this year, I can't yet upload, but I've still managed to put up a quick flurry of maps!

Hope to get a couple more out there before the end of the decade!

I'm glad that the time of the Atlas awards is almost upon us once again - I do so enjoy this tradition. It's always so cool to see best of the best highlighted like this. Voting will be difficult again, I'm certain, but that is not a bad thing

Bring it on! We should have a fancy awards gala one of these years...
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

One thing I wanted to point out, if people nominate numerous maps from one person in one category, it almost assures that that person will not win in that category.
    The votes get spread thin. Just somethign to think about.

Also, sadly we are down a person this coming awards time period.
    So we need as much help from our existing CLs as we can get.
    I'm going to keep on this point, as many of our CLs don't pop in as frequently as we may need sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    One thing I wanted to point out, if people nominate numerous maps from one person in one category, it almost assures that that person will not win in that category.
    The votes get spread thin. Just somethign to think about.

Also, sadly we are down a person this coming awards time period.
    So we need as much help from our existing CLs as we can get.
    I'm going to keep on this point, as many of our CLs don't pop in as frequently as we may need sometimes.
    Not sure I can be of some help but if so, I'd gladly lend a hand. What kind of help would you need ?

Blog Entries

If you feel that were short of CL's then it could be a time to appoint one or two more. I have been extremely busy the last few months and will be for a couple more then it ought to get back to the more usual levels of lack of time I usually have. I am quite grateful that you guys have been handling it well and there has not been much admin stuff to do. I usually pop in every day and approve the noted posts and block the odd spammer and that's fine for me at mo. But id like to update the Guild World and other community projects and get some new slippy maps tiles generated for them all esp if people complete some of the regions.

But if the Atlas script for the thumbs doesn't work then let me know cos that's pretty important.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast