Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kaldar Foss Commission

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Wow, impressive ! The color palette is very well chosen, and the lineart/shading is (as usual) great.
    I bet the south is on top, considering the melted snow on the roofs .
    Thank you Ilanthar. As to the cardinal direction, very clever but I'm afraid the explanation is much simpler. For simplicity sake I decided to keep the angle of lighting on all three city maps for Lyons Den Studios the same. So the top portion of the map is north facing. I had considered changing this to reflect the position of the city in the north and then thought, "Nah, it's fine".

Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    I have seen your pictures from this on instagram and I loved it from the start. Great work!

Cheers,
    Karl
    Thanks very much Karl, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by swiss View Post
    I like the attention to the light source. Adds to the realism
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    It came out pretty good and looks clean.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    It's a beaut. The cliffs are wonderful. And the colours are just perfectly suited.

Edit: Apparently I can't rep you, clearly I don't spread it around enough
    Thanks, and no worries, I appreciate the kind feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    Love the way you've done the snow and ice on this.
    Thanks, I really enjoyed painting the snow, it was lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eoganachta View Post
    I can really imagine this place, love the art style.
    I'm glad to here it, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    This is absolutely beautiful! I love the colors, snow is something I have a hard time with so I find this very amazing!
    Much appreciated. Snow can be challenging for sure. This is the second town map I've done in a snowy environment and I learned a bunch from my first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    So basically, you just redrew my art and get all the internet approval credit for it and no one even knows that I designed that underlying city. Maybe you didn't even know. Great.
    Hi Tiana. When I was commissioned to do this piece Brian did mention that I would be redrawing a previously commissioned town map in a top-down perspective. He showed me your map for reference, along with other commissioned art of the city. I did not make the connection that you were in fact the artist who had made the initial map. Had I known, I would have reached out to you in advance to let you know that I would be posting this here and would have credited you as the artist that created the reference map.

As it stood, I did not feel the need to mention that this map drew from previously commissioned reference material since, well, the majority of projects I've worked on have been based on some form of reference material. I am however sorry for having stepped on your toes by posting this without attribution. I can certainly see how that might be upsetting. I will go ahead and Edit the original post to include this information. If you like, I can also post an image of the map you created as well. Let me know.

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful feedback.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Last edited by arsheesh; 12-03-2019 at 03:39 AM.

Lovely map. I very much like the winter scenery here. Working with this colour palette is so nice.
    Great job Tad. Definately one of my favourites of your maps.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Fantastic work, Arsheesh! As others have said, the colour palette is very well chosen.

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Very nice job with the relief ! The deepness is really great !
    And for the snow too !

Wonderful work here, Arsheesh ! I saw parts of it on IG, but the whole piece is wonderful. Amazing colors, and not easy to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Lovely map. I very much like the winter scenery here. Working with this colour palette is so nice.
    Great job Tad. Definately one of my favourites of your maps.
    Thank you, it was a time consuming project, but a rewarding one, and I'm happy with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    Fantastic work, Arsheesh! As others have said, the colour palette is very well chosen.

Wingshaw
    Thank you very much Wingshaw

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Very nice job with the relief ! The deepness is really great !
    And for the snow too !
    Thanks so much -JO-!

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Wonderful work here, Arsheesh ! I saw parts of it on IG, but the whole piece is wonderful. Amazing colors, and not easy to work with.
    I'm happy to here that you like it MistyBee.

Thanks again everyone for all the kind feedback.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I love it Tad ! The kind of dusky light you achieve here is awesome and I had a little laugh when I wondered what a giant seagull was doing on the map (the raven gate) Awesome map my friend !

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I love it Tad ! The kind of dusky light you achieve here is awesome and I had a little laugh when I wondered what a giant seagull was doing on the map (the raven gate) Awesome map my friend !
    Ha, ha, yes, I could see how that might be a bit confusing. I didn't want to cover the entire bird statue with snow for exactly that reason. Thanks for the kind words my friend.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12