Default Äventyr

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fantasy map Faerun.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	119189

A commission made for a D&D GM.

The instructions were:
    -Make a world similar to the real one, and he gave me this outline below to work with.
    -Add biomes
    -Add rivers and lakes
    -Add Arctic region
    -Make it in the style of another map I made before.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapx.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	119191

I tried to stick to the outline as much as possible to keep his personal touch.
    I added some more than natural colors here and there, to make it a bit more mystic, and the costumer liked them after. I see maps as more of paintings telling their own tales now days than them being a perfectly true representation of the in-lore world.
    I got bored with how the water and land had the same hues so I tried to change them up a bit west to east. To reflect the mystical east. The water is greener and ultimately purple, the deserts are more red, the land is more blue. Whilst the far west and north has a more bluer water, and lots of grey tundra.

I am happy with it myself, especially how the vibrant colors meet the oceans, and that I dared to try lots of chaotic white splashes in the water, and feels good to to see my own style solidifying. I did not draw for a year almost, I mostly do projects in other fields.

If I would change anything I would remake the mountains and the compass in a flat hard edge style fitting with the edges of the coast, as well as making them a bit more "cute" in their proportions, is that the right word?
    I reused those resources from earlier work onto the new map. Next time!
    Last edited by AdventureDepot; 12-04-2019 at 05:57 AM.
    Open for commissions
    Etsy