Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The City of Amenésa

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Map The City of Amenésa

This one initially started as a challenge map back in July that didn't get very far!!

I didn't take it in the original direction I intended which was to be more isometric style, but instead I built on a style I tried before. Think it turned out okay!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Amenésa Small.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	119193

Turned out very nice! The lazy person in me wants a third bridge in the city because if I live in the northern part no way I'm walking all the way down to one of the bridges to get across to the other side of the city.

Haha, yeah. The northern part is only for the super fit and active!

I agree, I would have much rather wanted a bridge from Nordmark to the Stretch, that that bridge from the main road. I assume that one would have been the first bridge, but I mean if I were working in northern Nordmark and had to commute. I would rather boat across that river than walk.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Looks great! A city map is on my agenda (meaning it is probably a few months off!) and this one really inspires me to prioritize it more! I can certainly agree with QED42, I would be one of those lazy ones!

I'm always fond of city maps, and this one looks great ! I love how it totally overwhelmed the walls, being now totally out of control ^^
    Hmm... I'm not sure I would like a bridge in the northern part... as long as I can be the one getting the license for river crossing boats... fortune awaits !

That is superb map Greg. Many small squares around that makes it look quite nice. The overall design of the city is great and I love the colours.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Definitely one of the nicest city maps I've seen in a while. I love the minimalistic color scheme, and the texture is subtle yet effective. The strong lines on the buildings make the city look crowded in a most wonderful way, and I like how they immediately draw the eye in when looking at this.

I think you've found a pretty darn solid city map style here! This one is definitely heading to the city section of my inspiration folder. So nice to see you posting maps again!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Looks great! A city map is on my agenda (meaning it is probably a few months off!) and this one really inspires me to prioritize it more! I can certainly agree with QED42, I would be one of those lazy ones!
    Haha! And thanks, city maps can be a pain to start (and continue and finish!!) sometimes, so I'm pleased I've offered some inspiration!

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    I'm always fond of city maps, and this one looks great ! I love how it totally overwhelmed the walls, being now totally out of control ^^
    Hmm... I'm not sure I would like a bridge in the northern part... as long as I can be the one getting the license for river crossing boats... fortune awaits !
    Thank you Bee! I'll see what I can do about that license, as long as your prices aren't too stingy...

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    That is superb map Greg. Many small squares around that makes it look quite nice. The overall design of the city is great and I love the colours.
    Thanks, Voolf! I struggled a bit choosing colours, but in the end just went for them so happy it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Definitely one of the nicest city maps I've seen in a while. I love the minimalistic color scheme, and the texture is subtle yet effective. The strong lines on the buildings make the city look crowded in a most wonderful way, and I like how they immediately draw the eye in when looking at this.

I think you've found a pretty darn solid city map style here! This one is definitely heading to the city section of my inspiration folder. So nice to see you posting maps again!
    Thank you, K! I'm really happy with this style too and it seems from this and my Dokaro map, it's going down well with others too which is great! I have been active with maps, just not been able to/not got around to posting them on here, so I'll try to get some more up. Still, first things first, need to finish my challenge map!

It turned out pretty good and it's nice to see people finishing their challenge map.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast