Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Map the Guild, take two and a half

Cool map, Azelor I remember when I joined the Guild, it felt like it was mostly French. Nice to see Italy, UK and Netherlands a bit more represented. I also thought that Australia had a few more members, once upon a time.

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    Cool map, Azelor I remember when I joined the Guild, it felt like it was mostly French. Nice to see Italy, UK and Netherlands a bit more represented. I also thought that Australia had a few more members, once upon a time.

Wingshaw
    Yes, A few members have gotten inactive. Yet some do still hang around but devolved into primitive lurkers.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Great Idea, and Awesome work!! I'm glad to see that I rule over most of Texas and the Southern United States!! HAHA!! Now where are all my little armies to distribute and start taking over adjacent territories? Mwahaha!!!

~Del

Blog Entries

Cool map Azelor,

I used to run a guild members map where you could enter your coords and it put a dot on the world map for each person and you hover over it and it showed the member name. But this was before I was an admin here so I did it on my own webspace and the site and map no longer exists. At the time we had a few hundred entries on it so you could see the distribution quite well.

Obviously we have our main membership in the US but we also had a strong showing all over europe. Since then we have been picking up a wider spread where I have seen many asian and south american countries represented. Were still quite under represented in Africa but thats not all that surprising and I would expect it to slowly pick up.

Its been quite handy to have community leaders spread around the world so that we can make a quick response to issues from all different time zones. Also, there was the odd occasion where you might have a real world museum exhibit, or fantasy convention where you could look to see if any member was close to it and we did have a couple of members ping each other for a meet up.

I think we notice the strong French representation because of the language change. We have had posts in many languages but if few people speak it then you dont get many responses so, aside from english, it naturally tends to gravitate towards the most popular ones.

Such a cool idea! Nice job

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Very informative ! Thanks for the good job done !

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Well, interesting! It makes me both sad to see so many of you so far away, and so glad there is so much area covered. Except for a huge swath of land on two continents, Africa and Asia. Is it we are just having the picking procedure somewhat favoring certain regions or is there something missing? To be honest, thinking about it, I can't really say that I've picked up on many maps made by cartographers originating from there. Odd... I have to keep an eye open for this, love to see more styles and approaches. =)

But I can't really complain, I'm in the middle of the Central-European "cluster".
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Very cool to see how spread out people are.

Nice! I should be more close to MistyBeee and SteffenBrand, but there is no place for our long names .
    Plus, I spent some years studying in Clermont-Ferrand, so, in a way...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12