Thread: Please allow me to introduce myself

Map Please allow me to introduce myself

Hello everyone. I’ve been a geospatial professional for a while, and have been focused on developing my cartography skills the past few years. This community is fantastic...so many talented artists here. I’ve gotten a lot of good tips for enhancing my maps by lurking around the forums.

I describe myself as a Speculative Cartographer. I have a passion for rendering terrain and shaded relief. A few years ago, I began a map series depicting coastal cities as they might look in thousands of years. In the past year I began creating maps that are more in the fantasy genre.

I like to take real-world terrain, and either use it as an inspiration/starting point, or slice and dice it into new forms and contexts. I use a variety of tools...QGIS, ArcGIS, Blender, World Creator, Photoshop.

Cheers!
    Last edited by ConspiracyOfCartographers; 12-07-2019 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Changed icon to map after adding graphic in reply

Blog Entries

Look forward to seeing your work. A good set of software listed there to make something cool.

Thanks Redrobes! Here's a detail from a larger map I've been working on. I'm planning on writing up a longer post in the Region Map forum or the 3d Modeling forum....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	467.4 KB 
ID:	119214