Thread: Need a handrawn map digitized

Default Need a handrawn map digitized

Hello Cartographers guild!

I'm looking to get a map made for my DnD campaign. I guess the better way to say it is, I'm requesting to get my already hand-drawn map digitized. My map is made on (2) 12x18 (so total map size is 24x18 ) pieces of manila construction paper that are just taped together. I would like it digitized because i feel very attached to this map design, and i don't want to mark on it or anything as the campaign goes along. I'm requesting the map to be made on 2 Legal size (8.5x14) pages that i can tape together to mimic the map's original design as closely as possible. I realize this means a reduction in size, but I'm fine with that.
    I already have the map drawn and colored. I will provide a legend to assist in map making.
    I'm not looking for very high quality, as i don't have a big budget. I don't require icons or anything (besides just stars for capitals and dots for towns), color representations for biomes are perfectly fine. The only thing i request is labeling the holds, and adding a small number subscript next to capital hold and town icons. I'll create the legend myself, as i don't want too many words mucking up the map.
    I list it as Paid(?) solely because i fear my budget may be too low for the project. My budget is $60 USD. I understand if this budget is too tight for anyone. I understand everyone here needs to make money.

Please reach out to me @ RebornPheonix15@gmail.com if you need more details.
    I have an image of the map ready to send if you reach out to me.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 12-06-2019 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Fixed erroneous emoticon problem.

It is usually pretty cheap to get documents scanned. Another option would be a transparent layer over the existing map that you could write on in a wet erase marker.

https://inkscape.org/doc/tutorials/t...l-tracing.html might be of some use. Inkscape is an open source product that has no particular monetary cost to acquire, just some user time.

I would be interested in making the map for you. I'm fairly new to Cartographer's Guild and haven't had a chance to make many maps for other people so far. Like yourself, I drew my maps by hand for a while but I'm moving towards digital work and you can find what I've done so far on Facebook @MarcusFWCs. I've also sent you an email, so let me know if you're interested.
    Last edited by Lord Zuol; 12-06-2019 at 05:59 PM.