Thread: krahel's noodles and doodles

Discuss krahel's noodles and doodles

Hello! I remembered I used to dabble in cartography a bit and logged back in. I think last time I was here was at the beginning of the year? Anywho, I used to mess around making maps in GIMP but now I prefer to draw my maps using traditional media. Apologies in advance for the shoddy camera. I plan on getting a scanner in the next few months.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	934.0 KB 
ID:	124195

Name:	map1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	852.1 KB 
ID:	124196

Not terrible I'd say, but not necessarily good either XD. I think I need to be more patient and study maps that other people make.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Got a new table in yesterday for me to put all my map making stuff on

Name:	map3.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	851.4 KB 
ID:	124221

Name:	map4.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	841.8 KB 
ID:	124222

It seems like the thumbnails are all in weird orientations but when you click on them to open the full file the picture is in the correct orientation...just a heads up.

I don't have much else to do during quarantine other than make maps, so here I am. I may have to go rooting around for an old-ish camera that still exceeds my phone camera's capabilities by a long shot, although the blurriness makes some elements of my maps appear better than they actually are XD.

These are all relatively quick maps. I'm experimenting with different methods of drawing elements such as forests, mountains, settlements, etc. I really don't like the quicker method of drawing forests that I did in the region map. I just can't seem to pull it off for whatever reason.