Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nov-Dec 2019 Challenge: The Cartographer's Guild

Spectacular is the word...

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Thanks Kell !
    From what I read on Discord, it's for the best reasons if you don't have time : congrats !!
    Oh, thank you! ^^ It is quite a relief to have a job again.

Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr View Post
    Misty, seriously, you have got to stop this madness! You're putting us all to shame with your insanely beautiful maps and that magnificently precise lineart. Seriously, if it wasn't so gorgeous, it'd leave me depressed! All I can do now, however, is gape at it in amazement. This is just glorious. And you haven't even started shading and colouring!
    !
    I mean. Yeah. What he said.

This is just astoundingly beautiful, B. You'd think I was used to your skills by now, but every time it still manages to blow me away. I love this. So. Much.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Amazing!!!
    Le grand jeu, les coudes, le dos de la cuillère, la peau de l'ours... on pourrait sortir toutes les expressions françaises pour cette carte!
    Grandiose, j'ai hâte de voir le résultat.
    ThomasR et toi m'impressionnez par la quantité de travail que vous abattez! bravo
    And again, bon chance for the translation

All those little details. Yowsa! This is looking incredible Misty.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Haha, love it!

When I first saw 42, I thought it looked a bit strange, but then checking the number, quickly realised why, but the way you've added in those extras as well... Bravo!

Also, must say, those new trees are gorgeous and the parchment curls look a treat too!

I know that feeling; time really is flying by. I'm really hoping to get another update on my challenge soon. Hopefully, everyone will be able to finish in time!
    Hehe, 'so glad you loved the idea ! 'was really fun to conceive the whole map ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    Wow, this map is really spectacular! You've created a quite magical little realm, Beee I really like your border on this map, too, and your linework, as usual, is amazing.

Wingshaw
    Thanks so much, Wingshaw ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Amaizing and so innovative idea with the border. This is devinately a winner
    Oh, I never bet ! We already saw wonderful maps being not the first on the votes ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr View Post
    Misty, seriously, you have got to stop this madness! You're putting us all to shame with your insanely beautiful maps and that magnificently precise lineart. Seriously, if it wasn't so gorgeous, it'd leave me depressed! All I can do now, however, is gape at it in amazement. This is just glorious. And you haven't even started shading and colouring!

Also, sign me up for a desk in #33. I think I'll fit right in!
    Aww, 'sounds once again, I'm bad for the precious (mental)health of my dear fellows. Sorry, Caenwyr ! I swear I would like to be able to do... less, but I have that crazy mind always pushing me to do more, and more, and more... really tiring !
    Old 33 is now 58, but you have your desk on it ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Spectacular is the word...

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I mean. Yeah. What he said.

This is just astoundingly beautiful, B. You'd think I was used to your skills by now, but every time it still manages to blow me away. I love this. So. Much.
    Oh, I'm so happy you love it, Kell ! Hope you'll enjoy the final version as well ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by fol2dol View Post
    Amazing!!!
    Le grand jeu, les coudes, le dos de la cuillère, la peau de l'ours... on pourrait sortir toutes les expressions françaises pour cette carte!
    Grandiose, j'ai hâte de voir le résultat.
    ThomasR et toi m'impressionnez par la quantité de travail que vous abattez! bravo
    And again, bon chance for the translation
    Merci Fol' ! Je ne vends pas la peau de l'ours, mais la pierre roulait bien : aucune mousse amassée ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    All those little details. Yowsa! This is looking incredible Misty.
    Thanks so much Wolfe !! I maybe... went a liiiittle too far with this one

=

(Final map to come on a second post !)
    Last edited by MistyBeee; 12-27-2019 at 05:46 AM.

Here we are. The complete illuminated manuscript page after restoration. Calligraphy, coat of arms, and official Great Library authentification stamp.

Maybe some of you may think the text is too massive and hide the map, but that's on purpose, because it's what's the Guild for me. A lot of reading, not always easy as it's not my mother language, and it's also a whole part of map making of a lot of us : world building is about writing as much as mapping, and that's why I wanted to balance text and map on this one.

I have to thank a lot J., who kindly took time in his insane schedule to correct and enhance the translation for me

Also have to apologise if ever I forgot something or someone important. On the bottom right are tree big coat of arms : one for the Guild, one for the Guild Masters, one for the Community Leaders. On the middle are smaller coat of arms for important members and their investment on the Guild. There's an empty coat of arms for all those I couldn't add there and who also work a lot for the Guild. Maybe one day I'll make another version of the manuscript, a very complete one, but I'm done for this year. Anyway, you're welcome if ever you have any idea : I'll note all of them, and who knows what could happen in the future ! ^^

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MapOfTheGuild_by_Mistybeee.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	119502

Hope you'll love it, and wish you all the best days for the end of 2019 ! ^^

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

An insane work for a magnificent result ! You are a unique kind of a mad(p)-(wo)man !!!!

Happy New Year for you and your loved ones !!!

edit : "horror vacui" , c'est pour "horreur du vide" ?
    edit 2 : I love Nr 54 !!!
    Last edited by - JO -; 12-27-2019 at 06:17 AM.

Wow incredible as always. Insanely detailed, right down to the faint bleed through shadow of text from the other side of the page.

It came close, but you did it. My number 1 favourite from the works produced around the Guild this year. I think I'll print this one out and hang it on my wall, if you don't mind
    Not only is it a beautiful piece, but such a fantastic representation of the Guild. Bravo, my lady, bravo.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

That's increadible work Bee. You outdone yourself with this one. Probably an atlas award piece
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast