It's late already, but as a few of you may know, I started working on this challenge piece back in November. As I was unsure if I would be able to finish it or not, and as I hate having unfinished stuff of any kind, I pushed further the time I would create a topic for it. But... I went too far now, and it's time

"Capture the spirit of the Guild, as you see it, and put it on a map", said J., and immediately popped in my mind a plan of the Guild, partly based on the forum's rooms, also adding some elements related to the Guild and its wonderful spirit, and a few hidden easter eggs about things which matters for me here.

As almost always on my challenge maps, I have absolutely no idea where I'm going exactly. The building itself is roughly planned, but the general style is still totally mysterious, even if I would like to develop more my parchment/illumination style here (let's call it the 'Polar map' style). But the map decides, of course, and as always. Who am I to impose my wishes to it ? ^^

So. Here's where I am at the moment : main buildings, entrance, and a little more. The architecture is voluntarily eclectic, as it's how the Guild is : people from everywhere, loving different styles. Note the numbers on little notes are temporary, just to help you find your way on this first version ^^

### Latest WIP ###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MapOfTheGuild_WIP01_by_Mistybeee.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	593.4 KB 
ID:	119274

And here are my notes about it... I'm sorry, it's partly in French as it's easier for me, but I have no doubt you'll understand the most important. The order is not totally respected (for exemple I put the "Mapmaking request" (3) on the entrance area, as people posting there rarely come inside the Guild. Also grouped differently some rooms of the Mapmaking Discussions and Philosophy. Grey are buildings not already drawn, and I also removed some of the labels, to preserve the surprise
Forum's rooms :
1. News : Point d’information/accueil
2. Member introductions : Hall d’entrée
3. Mapmaking requests : Accueil du public
4. General discussion : Grand Hall de conférence
5. Technical support and notices : Communs, cuisine, etc.
6. Cartographer’s Choice : Trésor/Bureau des Maîtres
7. Finished Maps : Grande gallerie
8. Bookmarks : Bibliothèque
9. Atlas Awards : Trésor
10. [You're here !] Current mapping challenge : Salle de travail (1er étage)
11. Current lite mapping challenge : Salle de travail (rdc)
12. Mapping challenge archives : Sous-sol
13. Mapping challenge suggestions : Hall d’entrée
14. Community World Building : Atelier, réception des voyageurs
15. General and misc. mapping : Département de cartographie avancée (rdc)
16. Regional/world mapping : Département de cargographie générale (étage)
17. Town/city mapping : Département de cartographie urbaine (rdc)
18. Building/structure mapping : Département d’architecture (étage)
19. Dungeon/Subterranean mapping : Département de carographie souterraine (rdc)
20. Virtual tabletop/battlemap mapping : Département de cartographie militaire (étage)
21. Sci-fi/Modern mapping : Département de recherche cartographique (observatoire)
22. Board game mapping : Département de cartographie ludique (étage)
23. Level design & level editing for maps : Département technique de cartographie ludique (rdc)
24. Toponymy/linguistic : Département des langues
25. Software discussion : Département de technologie (rdc)
26. 3D modeling : Département de technologie avancée avancée (étage)

27. Tutorial/how to : Grand amphithéâtre
28. How do I ? : Petit amphithéâtre
29. Mapping elements : Magasin
30. Reference material : Bibliothèque

Additionnal elements :
31. ?
32. ?
33. ?

34. Silver and Golden Compas blacksmith
35. House of the Honorable contributors
36. House of the Sages
37. Ink well + Guild logo compass.
38. ?
39. ?
40. Weekly/Monthly Round-up
41. ?
42. ?
43. Bureau des scribes ("Great Library of the Scribes" Office)

As always, I hope you'll enjoy ! ^^