Thread: Nov-Dec 2019 Challenge: The Cartographer's Guild

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Hmmm... Se moucher du coude, cela ne signifie-t-il pas faire preuve d'une insupportable prétention ? J'espère bien que ce n'est pas l'impression que je donne
    The final map should be in English if I can convince someone to help me with the translation
    Oh ... seems the expression has a meaning I did not know of. I did not meant it that way, Beee, believe me. What I meant was you put the heavy guns out (tu nous sors le grand jeu) because the map is really beautiful and classy. Really sorry you thought I was being mean, I fear I used an expression I did not knew enough about ... I'll see myself out ...

PS : and I volunteer for the translation help if you'll have me.
    Last edited by ThomasR; 12-12-2019 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Oh ... seems the expression has a meaning I did not know of. I did not meant it that way, Beee, believe me. What I meant was you put the heavy guns out (tu nous sors le grand jeu) because the map is really beautiful and classy. Really sorry you thought I was being mean, I fear I used an expression I did not knew enough about ... I'll see myself out ...
    Hehe, no worries, I was pretty sure it was something like that ! The constant joys of French language... and who knows if the expression does has the same sense in our two regions ?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    PS : and I volunteer for the translation help if you'll have me.
    Noted ! I would hate having mistakes on this one.