Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Esper World Map

Map Esper World Map

This is a map of the whole world of Esper (which also has a continent named Esper on it and it's confusing, I know...) It's a monster of a map, the Photoshop document is about 3 meters (9"10) wide and I don't know if I ever will be able to have it printed. I guess I'll have to move, just to have an empty wall wide enough.

Also I guess it took me just as long to name everything (or to find names for everything) as it took me to draw the map. I didn't count but there must be thousands of place names.
    I also had great fun creating all the flags for the countries - with many of those countries the flag is more or less the only thing I know about them, yet.

If I am crazy, you ask? Yes, that's a legitimate question.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Esper World Map.jpg 
Views:	4002 
Size:	8.98 MB 
ID:	119318  

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Wunderbar !!!!
    You made a huge work, here !
    The map is outstanding, very good technique, very acurate... like a real atlas.

You made such a good job with mountains and rivers ! congratulations !

And, as you said, the flags must have been a blast (and take so much time) !

The result is worth every minute you spent on this map !!!

And now, good luck for the worldbuilding ! Each of these country must have its story, isn't it ?

That is an amazing, impressive and beautiful map ! I'm speechless ... 3 m wide ... how much weighed the .psd ?

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Rep! Wow, das ist ein verflucht großes Teil, das dann auch noch gut aussieht!
    Großartige Arbeit, ich ziehe den Hut! =)
    Visit me on ArtStation.

That is an amazing, impressive and beautiful map ! I'm speechless ... 3 m wide ... how much weighed the .psd ?
    That's a rather unsettling question. Because when I just opened it in Photoshop I realized that I merged all the layers and don't have the raw data any more. And in this stage it draws 4,7 GB (the file itself is only 915 MB) - which might have been the reason why I merged the layers. Otherwise it was just impossible to work with.

It didn't looked like much but when I zoomed in I saw all the details. There is a lot of work in this map indeed.
    How big is the original file in pixels?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

WOW. You must have a monster PC because my computer is having trouble loading just this image, let alone the whole photoshop document that you would have. The level of detail here is crazy (In a good way!). Really, really impressed!

Also, not sure if it is intended, but in the Pahka desert at the bottom of the left continent there are some gaping white spots that really stand out. Did a layer get missed here?
    Last edited by Arimel; 12-16-2019 at 04:01 AM.

I literally bought a new computer for the sole purpose of being able to continue working on this map. Well, it wasn't the only reason but it played an important part.

@Azélor: The original file is 23622x14261 pixels.

My biggest map was 101x78 cm and the .psd almost reached the 2 Gb limit (I kept all the 80 + layers but finally split hte file in three parts) and had to wait 20 minutes for it to open. for the size feat only, you have my respect (and for the map too, it goes without saying )

Holy cow that's huge! Nice job on the relief, the mountains look great. There is so much going on in this map it's difficult to take it all in. It's clear though that you have invested quite a bit of time, lover and care into this map and no doubt other aspects of worldbuilding. I admire that.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast