Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homer's Odyssey

Ahh the idea behind this is brilliant, Thomas! You style seems to be infallible, always a grand result, me likely!

IR

Nice map! If we only had such maps in our history books in school back then ... I also love the torn edges, they give the map a nice haptic feel.

If I may voice one tiny little critique though: I almost can't distinguish the color of the forests and of the sea (near the coasts). Of course I know the shapes of the lands, which makes it much easier, but a little more contrast between these colors or tonal values would have helped. Since this beautiful map is finished, maybe something to keep in mind for other maps?

Sorry for digging this thread up, I'm doing some belated necromancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Nice choice for a "map a song" Thom. I vagely remember the story and so the map gave me a push to read a shortcut of his adventures again
    Great map and congratulation for winning your last Silver Compass !
    Thanks a lot Rafal

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    You really nailed the parchment texture here Thomas. I love the style of the mountains as well. Nice work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    I'm glad you think so Tad, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great map! Beautiful & efficient.
    I als love those numbers by the way .
    Merci Julien I did some research about the numbers and came up with this pre-Roman way. I like it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    Ahh the idea behind this is brilliant, Thomas! You style seems to be infallible, always a grand result, me likely!

IR
    Many thanks Adfor

Quote Originally Posted by Yrda View Post
    Nice map! If we only had such maps in our history books in school back then ... I also love the torn edges, they give the map a nice haptic feel.

If I may voice one tiny little critique though: I almost can't distinguish the color of the forests and of the sea (near the coasts). Of course I know the shapes of the lands, which makes it much easier, but a little more contrast between these colors or tonal values would have helped. Since this beautiful map is finished, maybe something to keep in mind for other maps?
    Thanks Yrda You are right, my blue on the darkened sea parchment kinda looks like a green. I usually count on the difference between the dark sea and clear land but it can be an issue, thanks for pointing that out.

Guild Novice
    Blog Entries

Exquisite map. I am currently working on my own copy of the Odyssey map

Guild Novice

Default lovely depiction of the epic

Hi! This map really manages to capture the essence of Homer's epic in a visually arresting way! Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by czaczaja View Post
    Exquisite map. I am currently working on my own copy of the Odyssey map
    Thanks czaczaja I'd love to see your version.

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanLorber View Post
    Hi! This map really manages to capture the essence of Homer's epic in a visually arresting way! Brendan
    Thanks a lot Brendan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12