Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Nov '19 / Jan '20 Lite Challenge: Toralium"

I like the fact that you want to implement something of each race in the border, but I am not a big fan of the generated metal effect on a map. I think the map as a whole will be more cohesive when you would choose to make it look more like print/ ink.
    But next to that, nice idea and implementation!

I agree, the wide border had cool details but is to wide. The plain border is the right width but to white. Can you make the left border the width of the right one?

Thank you for your opinions! That really helped to give the map the final look! So here is my final map and also first contribution to a mapping challenge:

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toralium_final.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	7.27 MB 
ID:	119741

Toralium is settled at a crossing of elven, merfolk, human and dwarven empires, represented by their main topography of forest, sea, plains and mountains. While these four different geographic circumstances are more than obvious outside the city, there is no separation inside Toralium. The city was founded as a trade post and neutral place, where all races could live in peace together.
    During time, the city got rich by using all given resources from dwarven mines, agriculture, hunting and fishing. Toralium’s wealth has led to the construction of a great main temple, settled on the rock in the middle of the city. Also major public building like theatre, gymnasium and amphitheatre were build during many years of wealth. In the city’s northwest, separated by the Daryon river, the town hall is located. Just south, near the bridge and the western city gate one can find a garrison which holds the city guard. Along the northern road, just outside the city walls, a necropolis has formed. The combination of many different grave constructions represents not only their building over a long period of time, but also the coexistence of many different cultural influences of Toralium’s inhabitants.

I like this border better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12