Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kelvanra Isle (aka the land of Kell)

This map looks fantastic. I personally like the simple and clean style of these mountains. I also really like your color pallet and the style of the border. May have taken a long time but it was worth it. ��

- Josh

Oops, I saw it firstly in the Guild Participation room and had no idea you already posted it there. I can just rewrite what I said there : wonderful work, wonderful map, and congrats for finishing it ! ^^

Kell, you really outdid yourself ! It's an amazing piece of art !

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Ok, so I will try to pin it down a bit. As i said, I think the style fits the map overall. My nitpicks can be summed up like this:

The mountains could use some clearer defined ridge-lines than just the strong outer-line, for one. Then, as a second nitpick, I think to look even more "realistic", you could vary the different mountains a bit more to really get that mountain-range feel instead of just the "lots of singular mountains placed beside each other". So, for example, combine some of them into a cluster of mountains, "grown" together at some points.

Now this is of course something you might not want to go with because in your (the artist's view) it doesn't fit and/or you just disagree in general. And that's fair. Some things are just a matter of taste. As someone with a degree in geography/geology, I often find that i like the more realistic approach better than a more simplified/more iconic approach. But not always, of course.
    So yeah, there you have it. Hope that helped (even if you disagree on the aesthetics).

Glad to hear you feel better
    Hmm, I see, I see... I do suppose it does partly fall down to aesthetic preference with these types of maps, but you've certainly made good points. I'll definitely keep your comments in mind, thanks for taking the time to type this out, I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    That looks wonderful! I love the style you chose and the colors you applied! Heaps of inspiration here.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    It's beautiful Kel, I love your boarder and your ocean labels as well. Nice fonts too. All in all it's a really nice piece of work.
    Thanks, man. Glad people are enjoying the border, I've never made one like this before.

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    Wow, such punchy colors! I really like the forests and the castle symbols. The lettering is great, too.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by KMAlexander View Post
    Damn, that is a fine looking map.

I personally love the mountains, they feel more period-authentic to me.
    Thanks, glad you think so!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshStolarz View Post
    This map looks fantastic. I personally like the simple and clean style of these mountains. I also really like your color pallet and the style of the border. May have taken a long time but it was worth it. ��

- Josh
    Thank you! I'm tempted to think it was worth it too, but still. Could've gotten it done sooner. Well, in a perfect world and all that...

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Oops, I saw it firstly in the Guild Participation room and had no idea you already posted it there. I can just rewrite what I said there : wonderful work, wonderful map, and congrats for finishing it ! ^^
    Twice commented and twice appreciated, thank you again! Always glad to see comments from you, B. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Kell, you really outdid yourself ! It's an amazing piece of art !
    Oh, thank you so much! I think this is one of my better ones for sure, if I dare say so myself.
    Last edited by Kellerica; 01-13-2020 at 06:48 AM.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

The lettering is really cool.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Awesome map! I love the colors, the frame (those emeralds !) and above all, the "Kellerica" flavour of the map itself .

Beautifully done Kell. It really paid off taking things slow. This is one of your best imho and the border is crazy good.
    Btw. i got my eyes on that south sea
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Everything is so crisp to the eye, a really nice piece you've finished (finally ), Kell. The border and choice of colors are just so fitting.

I enjoyed the short jaunt into the history of the island as well, really cool stuff!

IR

Thank you, everyone! I'm so glad this has been so well received.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Beautiful map, with many great visual ideas.

The circles with the names of the isles and seas, the short story of the isle, it's nice and clever.

The colors, while simple, look harmonious and fit perfectly the overall feel of the map.

Very well done !
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12