Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunken Kingdom - city1 [Odyssey of the Dragonlord]

Guild Member Guild Sponsor

Oh man, that is a mega auto correction embarrassment. This is what happens when I see that red squiggly line below and click the first word that is on the correction without glasses. Thanks for catching that.

Quote Originally Posted by KMAlexander View Post
    The broken domes add a lot of depth. Really liking this one.
    Thanks KM
    Top down can require some creative thinking to make it interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    City maps are difficult already without adding the underwater aspect to it! I love this piece truly a wonderful map to behold now if I was able to give you rep!
    Thanks Domino
    Very true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    A spectentacular map!
    hehe Thanks Azelor
    Quote Originally Posted by bbennett View Post
    The city is very satisfying in the closeness of the buildings. The different allies and (what I imagine as organic) roads gives places to spin a story. I really enjoy the boarder elements. The boarder transitions between tenticles, border pattern and the city which encroaches here and there. Thanks for this superb map.
    Thanks so much BB
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Breathtaking, G.
    Please let me hide myself in the bottom of this abyss and never go out again. 'want to live on this map forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    Great work as always, J. Sadly can't rep you yet

Wingshaw
    Thanks George. No worries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    The buildings mapped to the rounds impress me the most.
    Thanks Tiana
    I just love the way it looks in a city layout.
    Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    Amazing! I really like the change in tone and the variety that stirs the imagination!
    (Sadly, I have to spread some rep first before I can rep you again.)
    Thanks xCali. No worries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Ooh, I love the gloomy atmosphere of this one! I would maybe have liked to see the fact that it's underwater to have featured more strongly... Not sure how that would have worked, per se, maybe some bubbles or a watery texture overlay or something? As beautiful as it is, I don't know if I'd have figured it was underwater if your intro text hadn't said so. But then again, I do assume clear readability was still a major goal, so maybe a murky texture would have been a bad idea. Lovely colors and layout in any case!
    Thanks Kell.
    I did suggest options to the client, but they declined any of the sort of light-through-water texture effects.
    Most of them just looked too busy and didn't read well.
    Oh man, that is a mega auto correction embarrassment. This is what happens when I see that red squiggly line below and click the first word that is on the correction without glasses. Thanks for catching that.
    ;P

I'm loving this marine/submarine color palette you're using lately.
    And the map itself is of course outstanding .

I love your drawings. Definitely you and Mike Schley are my favorite fantasy map artists.

Do you sketch the form of the buildings prior to committing to the lines and then have a new layer for the actual building lines or do you just draw and adapts what comes out on the same layer?

Best Regards,
    bb

Always reaffirming that you are among my favorite styles around here. More for the inspiration folder! Those rounded..er spiraled buildings are so well done!

IR

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I'm loving this marine/submarine color palette you're using lately.
    And the map itself is of course outstanding .
    Thanks Ilanthar
    It was a challenge to break away from my usual color choices. ;P
    I love your drawings. Definitely you and Mike Schley are my favorite fantasy map artists.

Do you sketch the form of the buildings prior to committing to the lines and then have a new layer for the actual building lines or do you just draw and adapts what comes out on the same layer?

Best Regards,
    bb
    Thanks so much, BB
    I use several sketch layers and streamline it as i go. It makes it a bit faster.
    Well, if I am sketching digitally, that is. If traditionally, then I try to sketch very light at first.
    I also do several thumbnail images to get the feel and flow of things before doing specific buildings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    Always reaffirming that you are among my favorite styles around here. More for the inspiration folder! Those rounded..er spiraled buildings are so well done!

IR
    Thanks so much, Adfor

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I use several sketch layers and streamline it as i go. It makes it a bit faster.
    Well, if I am sketching digitally, that is. If traditionally, then I try to sketch very light at first.
    I also do several thumbnail images to get the feel and flow of things before doing specific buildings.
    Thanks you for sharing your strategies. I never thought about creating thumbnails, I am going to try that on my next map!!

Thanks you for sharing your strategies. I never thought about creating thumbnails, I am going to try that on my next map!!
    It helps a lot.

Guild Novice Guild Supporter

Wow! Love this. Attention to detail is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Mike View Post
    Wow! Love this. Attention to detail is incredible.
    Thanks Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12