Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: January 2020 - The Inhabited Lands of Arlis

Nice. I really dig the 2D syfy city icons. Also the font you've chosen for this piece really works well with the buildings. The unearthly color palette is pretty cool as well. It's clear that your artistic style has matured quite a bit since 2006.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I'm glad you noticed my font, Arsheesh, I tried quite hard to pair something up with the aesthetic there and I like the result... and yeah, I've come a long way since then, I honestly wouldn't have known how I achieve my results now at that point in time, and would've been summarily annoyed and dazzled. It does make me feel at least positive that it's possible things I find mysterious but tantalizing now may come unveiled with time.

Of course some other maps in this challenge started from nicer maps, but this is really in line with what most of my clients give me to work with, and it is the earliest piece of my art available to retcon. So it enticed me.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12