Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Draw Marshes On Your Maps

Quote Originally Posted by eepjr24 View Post
    This is awesome! I hope to be using this technique in my new map along with your forest tutorial.

Any thoughts on whether adding some tufts of tall grass or a scrub brush here and there would detract from the overall effect?

Also, I know it is not on this tutorial, but I was wondering if you would comment on whether you thought deciduous trees would work as well for your forest tutorial? I was going to use something premade but I really like the look of your conifers and thought I might be able to manage converting it over.

- E
    Hey, sorry I'm late in responding! I'm glad you've found the tutorials helpful, and I definitely think you could add more tufts of grass to the marsh. I've honestly been doing that more in my personal work after making this tutorial.

You definitely can use deciduous trees following the forest tutorial...you can also mix the two. Same principles, you just use more rounded shapes to make them look like deciduous trees

- Josh

Very helpful, I've always been a bit confused on what to do with marshlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeyami View Post
    Very helpful, I've always been a bit confused on what to do with marshlands.
    I'm glad you found it helpful!

- Josh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12