Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Atlas Awards Intro & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Hey Naima, this is an issue with the thumbnail scraper. It tends to use the first image it finds in the thread. You have two images in your initial comment, and it's obviously picked the wrong one. We've tried various ways to correct this, where there is more than one image in a comment, but nothing seems to work.

Perhaps you could replace the incorrect image with a link (so that people can still see the image, if they want to take a look). There will only be one image in the thread then, and the scraper should show it correctly. I don't know what else to suggest. :/
    I did but to me shows still a map not mine.

I see, from looking at your thread, that you've fixed it. It's working correctly now, and I see your map in the 'Eligible Maps' section. Glad you were able to work out a solution.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

There are some great maps that apparently are excluded from partecipation because are not proposed, with the one rule post only I can only propose one but for example in the world map I would have proposed probably 2 or 3 others ... Is there so a limit to proposals?

As you said yourself, the one post rule states you can only nominate one map per category. There's still a week left, so hopefully someone else will nominate the ones you felt like would've deserved it too.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Man, that was difficult. And took quite a while to choose.
    So many cool maps done last year.

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

I'm still not done, but whenever I want to suggest one and check if it has been suggested already, it has...
    Looks like I'm sitting on my ass here, but you guys have incredible memory going back the year - I'm more like a Goldfish
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Hey Steffen, you can view everything that's eligible for nomination on the thumbnails page. There are definitely some forgotten gems in there!

And a quick reminder to everyone else...

There's one week remaining to get your nominations submitted. The threads will be locked a week from today, that's Sat 15th Feb, probably around late morning/lunchtime UK time. So if you haven't nominated yet, drop everything and get on it!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

My proposal for next time is remove the Best overall and Best Creative map categories, to me they are confusing and somehow they gather from the other sources.
    I would instead implement best B&W map , that usually get neglected in favor of colored maps, thn Best political map, best physical, best digital and best artistical .

I have to say I'm in favor of a Best B&W category.

I feel bad i havent got time to properly browse through maps and nominate anything. There is so many!.
    Fontunately probably all the maps i wanted to monimate are already nominated by someone else, so that is good.

I wil try to be more diligent next year.

Edit: I agree with Naima about Best overall map. This category is not needed imho. The most creative map is nice though i would keep it. We have always had good nominations in this category. B&W category would be a good addition.
    Last edited by Voolf; 02-09-2020 at 07:36 AM.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast