Thread: Hello there

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

thank you ^^ but from what i've seen around here i would require photoshop a lot which i do not own, and i've only ever made house shields for the guys in my community but that was done with paint and/or with pixlr, tried using gimp but all those options are confusing and overwhelming took me ages just clean a shield ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Misthowl View Post
    but from what i've seen around here i would require photoshop a lot which i do not own, and i've only ever made house shields for the guys in my community but that was done with paint and/or with pixlr, tried using gimp but all those options are confusing and overwhelming took me ages just clean a shield ._.
    Photoshop is just one tool of many. GIMP is a viable option as well, and there are plenty of of tutorials related to that to get you started. It's completely normal that the new software looks confusing and overwhelming at first. That's why tutorials are so great - they tell you what to do step by step, first you'll feel like walking blindfolded, but keep at it and at some point you'll notice you're starting to understand what you are doing. And plenty of people here at the Guild to help you along, should you ever need it!

But like I said, it's of course completely up to you. I'm just talking from a perspective of someone who thought they needed a single map for a project and ended up completely falling in love with making maps. So I'm obviously very biased
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Photoshop is just one tool of many. GIMP is a viable option as well, and there are plenty of of tutorials related to that to get you started. It's completely normal that the new software looks confusing and overwhelming at first. That's why tutorials are so great - they tell you what to do step by step, first you'll feel like walking blindfolded, but keep at it and at some point you'll notice you're starting to understand what you are doing. And plenty of people here at the Guild to help you along, should you ever need it!

But like I said, it's of course completely up to you. I'm just talking from a perspective of someone who thought they needed a single map for a project and ended up completely falling in love with making maps. So I'm obviously very biased

I did try GIMP last weekend and XD boy it took me a while to get what's what, the version used in the tutorial seems different than what i downloaded but somehow i made a map background /o/ so yay for step 1, tho i do think i made it a bit too dark =.=''