Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jan/Feb '20 Lite Challenge: Dark Crypt of Eregar

Default Jan/Feb '20 Lite Challenge: Dark Crypt of Eregar

This challenge came at the perfect time. I was planing to do a dungeon map for my D&D game but I had not think of the details yet (number of chambers and their content), and now I don't need to
    This is a very, very, crude sketch for the dungeon.
    For the empty round space around each labels, I am planing on doing a small drawing of each room, maybe in isometric. Not sure if I'm going to stick with this idea or do as I always do for my personal dungeon maps which is adding a description to read to my players for each room, time will tell.
    Since this will be my first attempt at a digital dungeon map (always did them with pen and paper so far) I will probably do it in colors, thought I really like black and white so this also might change as I work on it.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sketch.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	4.21 MB 
ID:	119908
    Last edited by Cédric H.; 01-19-2020 at 08:00 AM.

Welcome to the challenge Cédric H! I like your layout. I never thought of putting the room descriptions right on the map in a "thought bubble". Cool Idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Welcome to the challenge Cédric H! I like your layout. I never thought of putting the room descriptions right on the map in a "thought bubble". Cool Idea!
    Thank you Bogie =)
    the bubble idea might get scratch after all, every attempt of drawing in an isometric perspective was really terrible. That's definitely a lack of technique (never did isometric before). If I have enough time I'll give it another try for this map.

I have tried a bunch of different styles for the outlines but this is the one that I like the most so far so I'll stick to it. It is not as good as I wanted it to be but for a first try I'm satisfied with it. There is still a lot of work to do thought.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	dungeon 2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	5.82 MB 
ID:	120014

It does look less "busy" this way. I like the soft colors so far.

I didn't like how the map was turning out at all and I wasn't enjoying working on it anymore so I decided to stop and do something else.
    Since I wanted to give a shot at an isometric dungeon map, I decided to sketch a bit just for fun an I really liked it so I went for it.
    This is the first time I am doing one of those but I have to say I like this one much more than the previous and I'm having a lot more fun doing it.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	isometric dungeon map 1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	120087

Wow, that's great. I am definitely not going to waste time making an entry for this one, no way anyone can beat that if you finish it. D: That's easily better than all your earlier versions.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Fantastic Cédric H.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Wow, that's great. I am definitely not going to waste time making an entry for this one, no way anyone can beat that if you finish it. D: That's easily better than all your earlier versions.

Thank you Tiana =D
    But you are making me feel bad, you should definitely make an entry, I really like to see your work

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Fantastic Cédric H.
    Thank you Bogie =D

You were doing quite nice with the first map there, but I understand when you lost that drive and want to start something different.
    The second ISO dungeon is looking cool too. Good job so far.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Cool looking ISO piece Cedric! Looking forward to seeing you develop it further.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast