Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: City of Ktorr

I've always really like that kind of viewing angle you chose, that kind of 3/4 looking down. How did you go about creating the perspective?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonice501
    I've always really like that kind of viewing angle you chose, that kind of 3/4 looking down. How did you go about creating the perspective?
    It's pretty simple, the whole map is drawn using an isometric view. Then, you have to cheat a little to create an illusion of perspective with the landscape.

Picture yourself looking at the city from the top of a hill, then looking straight ahead to the surrounding landscape.

The thing is to make the transition look smooth and natural. You may use trees, rocks, walls, moutains, add some atmospheric perspective ( the further, the lighter ) and even some foreground elements.

I hope it helps.
    Last edited by Marc Moureau; 02-12-2020 at 11:50 AM.
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

Wonderfull, like the others maps I saw from you.

Beautiful map Marc, Tres Magnifique!

I also like the perspective of this. The colors, typography and frame have a nice consistency.
    Does the name of the city (Ktorr) have a background/special meaning in your lore?

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine.L
    Wonderfull, like the others maps I saw from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogie
    Beautiful map Marc, Tres Magnifique!
    Thanks a lot !

Quote Originally Posted by Yrda
    I also like the perspective of this. The colors, typography and frame have a nice consistency.
    Does the name of the city (Ktorr) have a background/special meaning in your lore?
    Thank you. Honestly, it's just a weird name I found on a whim. I wanted to stay away from the nice, poetic names some fantasy cities tend to have so I ended up with something that sounds like an orcish toast.
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12