Thread: Atlas of Design

Info Atlas of Design

I got a tweet from the good folks at Atlas of Design, reminding me that the deadline for the next Atlas (Volume 5) is 21 January, 2020.

If you've created a map that you're particularly proud of recently, maybe you'd like to submit it for possible inclusion? Their web site is atlasofdesign.org

I believe J.Edward had a map included in the last one, so you'd be in good company.
    Last edited by ChickPea; 01-10-2020 at 07:26 AM.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Do you know, are they only seeking Real world maps or are they asking for fantasy maps?

I only looked briefly but it looked like it was for real world items.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

They include fantasy maps too. If you scroll down on this page, you can see J.Edward's Skenara map from their last volume.

Whoever runs their Twitter account DM'd me to encourage people from the Guild to submit their work, so yeah, fantasy maps are fine.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

The previous volumes include several not only serious maps (not fantasy per se but not geography book either) and the city of yphirion by Max. I submitted a handful already.

There's a couple I may have submitted, except they're specifically asking for scanned copies. Scanning a 75cm x 55cm sized paper is somewhat..... Inconvenient, especially since I don't own a scanner. I mean, I understand why they would require the scans, over a low pixel photograph.

Quote Originally Posted by UnstableGunEnthusiast View Post
    There's a couple I may have submitted, except they're specifically asking for scanned copies. Scanning a 75cm x 55cm sized paper is somewhat..... Inconvenient, especially since I don't own a scanner. I mean, I understand why they would require the scans, over a low pixel photograph.
    Submit and worry about that if they accept your submission? They don't need the scan now, only if they accept it. Large box scanners can be found in places like Staples or universities, and I'm sure you can source one or stitch two scans together in time for the print deadline if they like the photo you submit.

I sent in the four maps I did last year that I liked the most, that get me the most commissions by inspired folk, and importantly, are not associated with a published book but instead people's personal RPG campaigns. It would be really nice to be featured in a book of the cartographers of 2020.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!