Thread: Uizmak -- Topographical Realistic (I truly hope)

Port Development, British Columbia, Canada

Default Uizmak -- Topographical Realistic (I truly hope)

Dear Guild,

I'm making another wholehearted effort at producing a realistic atlas-style map that will catch someone's eye, in hope of securing that long-desired and thirsted-for commission.

As I've said before, I'm constantly trying new methods, in a tireless trial and error process, to produce something that might just fool a first-year geography student.

I also have a suggestion for the site administrators at Cartographer's Guild: Why not equip the forums with a "Like" button so that viewers could rate each artist's piece? It could be infinitely more useful than relying on responses and views to gauge one's performance.

By the way, I hope you like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uizmak.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	120148

That's what 'rep' is for, I really don't think we need a second form of meaningless internet points. A good comment is worth way more than a 'like'. The rivers are looking nice.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Interestingly, there was a like button in the past. And I kind of liked it (no pun intended). But Admins decided to get rid of it.

As for your map, I'm sorry I can't be of much help. I like my maps more artistic/fantasy-ish than realistic-atlas-style. Although you do have some nice maps around here on the forum. I especially like your offers in the world-map category. Those really hit the "wow, awesome overall composition" button for me. So I do think that the realistic atlas style can work for me, but mainly in world-maps, not regional maps. YMMV and all that, of course.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

There is a "Rate this Thread" drop down option at the top of the first post in every thread that I am aware of in addition to the Reputation button at the bottom of each post. Rating of a thread is up for public view while reputation notices should show up in your notifications when you log in to the site.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Klaus van der Kroft's Avatar

I like it! Very intricate level of detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    That's what 'rep' is for, I really don't think we need a second form of meaningless internet points. A good comment is worth way more than a 'like'. The rivers are looking nice.
    But meaningless internet points are the lifeblood of modern society! THINK OF THE POINTS!