Thread: Hello there

Default Hello there

Hello good peoples of the universe.

I found out about this place about 10 mins ago from a link on Discord, and I am disappointed that nobody told me about it earlier.

I have had an interest in maps since I started playing the games made by Paradox Interactive. When I combined my love of those games (even though I’m awful at them) and my avid interest in Dungeons and Dragons, there wasn’t much hope.

Whenever I pick up a fantasy novel to read, I always look at the map section first. I find that knowing the geography and topography of a fantasy setting can give you so much insight into how the setting works both physically and geopolitically.

I’ve never been very good at art, but I try to draw out my own maps for the D&D campaigns I run. They undergo far more edits and restructures than they need to, but hey-ho, it gets them looking semi-decent.

I hope I’ll be seeing y’all around.

Sam

General Kenobi!

Don't be disappointed, just be happy someone told you now? Welcome. I'm sure whatever you make for your campaigns are great, and I'm sure we edit and restructure even more than you do to get nice results so don't worry about that either it's just how you work.

I look at maps first too, heh, I'm sure many of us here do.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Welcome to the guild Sam!
    Have a look around and you will find plenty of helping tutorials, maps, elements and of course helpful people here. All that can of course help with improving one's maps, but also the fun of mapping. You'll see

Welcome to the Guild Sam! I definitely always look for the map first when I open a new fantasy novel...and I'm always disappointed if there isn't one .

I'm glad you decided to join us though, and feel free to ask any questions you may have. Be sure to share your work as well

- Josh