Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Village of Darkharrow

Quote Originally Posted by Sidmandoo View Post
    Thanks Hermit! Working some more on it. I am getting a handle on coloring...working on trees is next.

Attachment 121141
    Looks great

Guild Member Guild Sponsor

Love the look of your city. Keep it up!

Guild Member Guild Supporter

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by Chouxbacca View Post
    Looks great

Quote Originally Posted by bbennett View Post
    Love the look of your city. Keep it up!
    Thanks for the kind words. Some more work on this. I am feeling like it has a lot of empty spots, so I think I will work a little more on composition. Might move some of the trees at the top of the map, to make room for a compass there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Darkharrow Draft 6.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	121296

This is moving along nicely! A compass would be cool.

Just some ideas (which I'm sure you've thought of): a few more rocks like those on the right side or a couple hills to fill in some of the space.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
    This is moving along nicely! A compass would be cool.

Just some ideas (which I'm sure you've thought of): a few more rocks like those on the right side or a couple hills to fill in some of the space.
    Absolutley. I was defintiley thinking of more rocks. I might expand the forest/grove on the bottom of the map as well.

After working on the legend, I think I am going to have to recolor the road as it looks too light. I did some layer merging to simplify my work, but not a lot different. Still need to work on those rocks, Hermit. Have to move some trees to make a good spot for a compass in the upper right.

Name:	Darkharrow Draft 7.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	3.02 MB 
ID:	121893

That is a fine looking scroll

You may be right about the road, although some variations in the color might help and you wouldn't have to re-color the whole road. I recently tried to make some "mud" effects for one of my maps and found that the smudge tool and about 3-4 different tones of brown makes a decent dirt/mud look (just took a lot of clicking since I'm using a mouse). And I'm sure those rocks will come when it is time!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
    That is a fine looking scroll

You may be right about the road, although some variations in the color might help and you wouldn't have to re-color the whole road. I recently tried to make some "mud" effects for one of my maps and found that the smudge tool and about 3-4 different tones of brown makes a decent dirt/mud look (just took a lot of clicking since I'm using a mouse). And I'm sure those rocks will come when it is time!
    Thanks for the feedback Hermit! Worked on the paths, added more trees, and put a small cemetery in, added an orchard. Starting to put some slight darker colors into the road, trying out a brush. Oh, and I added more outhouses, because people need a place to go.

Name:	Darkharrow Draft 8.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	3.57 MB 
ID:	122277

Ok, I think this about it for me on this map. A border would be nice, but after several goes, I decided to keep it without a border. Still have a few wishes for it, but I think this works overall. Plus, I kind of want take what I learned here with coloring and take that knowledge back to my Zelkor's Ferry map to color that as my next project. Thanks for everyone's input. -Sidmandoo

Name:	Darkharrow.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	3.87 MB 
ID:	122548

Great job! It was really fun to see it evolve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12