Thread: January/February 2020 Lite Challenge Entry: Unazan Gazar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Thank you for the opportunity and the nice words. I am mostly just lurking in the forum and trying to steal some tricks from you guys, but I had a discussion with my child about showing off and be proud of her artistic attempt even if her skills don't match her taste and perfectionism yet. And I thought "Well I am one to speak!" so I had a look to this month's challenge and it was coincidentally something that was going about my mind for a bit so I jumped in. Even at this stage there are a lot of things I am not satisfied with, but now that it's out in the wild I want to carry on and see how it turns out once finished.

Guild Apprentice

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unazangazar2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	496.9 KB 
ID:	120247

I finally decided on a lettering and almost finished the maps, now I have to work on the front view that I'm dreading because I never inked a sketch (I actually never draw a sketch before) and I'm dreading that it will ruin all the work, but I don't think it will do leaving it in pencil. And then... do I try to colour it in Gimp? Will I have the time? My personal preference would be to leave it in B/W because it seems to me that if not done very very well the colouring looks a bit fake in maps... but I might try just for practice. It's easily undone after all.