Thread: Commissioning a large black-and-white world map

Default Commissioning a large black-and-white world map

I'm about to start my next long-term D&D campaign and I'd like to commission a large, black-and-white, professional-looking world map. I'd like it to be something with quite a high resolution that I can zoom-in on in order to add additional details myself - things like labels, city markers, etc, I'd take care of on my own. I have a world map I've already made using a hex-mapping tool, but it's more utilitarian than aesthetically appealing, and it doesn't contain the level of detail I want. There are a fair few specific features that would need to be included so it'd be quite the custom job. Further, I'd like for a map that would be mine and that you'd agree not to display in your portfolio without watermarking.

I've looked through the portfolios of a couple of posters here and the maps that have impressed me the most and that are the closest in terms of the style I'm looking for are by DanielHasenbos, found on his website danielsmaps.com. Specifically I'm interested in his Westeros, West Char an Tyra, and Ranai maps. If you're reading this Daniel I'd like to talk to you! I can't PM you directly as I don't have enough posts! But I'd be open to talking with anyone who can take a look at those maps and think that they can match or exceed that level of quality.

Depending how the campaign goes this might be something I return to the well for in order to get more zoomed-in regional maps made.

I appreciate your time and I look forward to talking with some of you.

Blog Entries

Hi Nicolas, I have PM'ed Daniel on your behalf asking him to take a look.

Hello, Nicholas!

I might be interested in this project. You can see my portfolio here - https://www.artstation.com/vb_maps and here - https://www.instagram.com/vb.maps/

Feel free to contact me at vdm.bulgakov@gmail.com

Thank you!

Hello Nicholas,

I'm a Scottish map-maker, and my portfolio is here: http://www.ryansthomason.com/Mapmaking/, I can be reached at ryan@ryansthomason.com.

Hi there, Nicholas!

I agree, Daniel's maps are incredibly lovely! If Daniel is unable to accommodate you, feel free to have a browse through my portfolio and website, as this sounds like a fun project within my wheelhouse!

Cheers!
    Jess @ Lizard Ink Maps

Thank you for all your responses - I'll take a look through your portfolios when I get home tonight.

Hey Nicholas,

I might be interested in this project. You can have a look at my portfolio to get an impression of my work and if you are interested you can contact me at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Hey Nicholas,

I might be interested in this project. You can have a look at my portfolio to get an impression of my work and if you are interested you can contact me at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Daniel
    Hi Daniel! I actually did email you at that address back on the 3rd. That was before I made my account here - looking forward to hearing back from you. I'll send an email with more details about what I would be looking for when I get home later tonight.