Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A History of the Korachani empire

Nice, I wish I had a full print out of the 'newspaper article' spread to read.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    It won't let me rep you again so soon but very nice map, I love the clear style and how everything ties together.
    haha, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Nice, I wish I had a full print out of the 'newspaper article' spread to read.
    The full-res map as well as a pdf with higher-res individual maps can be downloaded here, if you're interested. It's not a physical map in your hand, but at least it's legible!

C'mon Nate, you are not inventing any of these! You're copying from the real source material! You know a portal to these places, because the amount of attention to detail is just astounding. Can't praise you enough!

So nice to see a different map from you after so many (still best) atlas style maps. Great one !
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    haha, thanks!

The full-res map as well as a pdf with higher-res individual maps can be downloaded here, if you're interested. It's not a physical map in your hand, but at least it's legible!
    Thanks! Serious worldbuilding! I'd have preferred a physical copy for all that text but yes I was able to read it! Do you have an associated conlang or did you just make up themeatic names?

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Oh, I absolutely love this. While I find your atlas project impressive as all hell, these types of maps will always be more my cup of tea. I love the texture and the somewhat murky colour the land has. The horizontal lines around the coasts (I can't for the life of me remember what that effect is called, I think it had a proper name...?) are maybe a tad too strong for my taste, but it's a minor issue. That border is fabulous in all its simplicity!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

This is a huge amount of work, and an humbling demonstration of world building.

The whole document is believable and your map is quite solid too !
    Last edited by Marc Moureau; 02-15-2020 at 08:23 AM.
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Müller View Post
    C'mon Nate, you are not inventing any of these! You're copying from the real source material! You know a portal to these places, because the amount of attention to detail is just astounding. Can't praise you enough!
    lol! If I knew of a portal to this world, I'd destroy it as quickly as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    So nice to see a different map from you after so many (still best) atlas style maps. Great one !
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Thanks! Serious worldbuilding! I'd have preferred a physical copy for all that text but yes I was able to read it! Do you have an associated conlang or did you just make up themeatic names?
    I had started conlanging the Korachani language some years ago, but gave up - I learnt the hard way that linguistics are not my thing. Nowadays I just come up with prefixes and suffices with certain meanings and then make the rest up as I go along. For instance, -chan means place or settlement, so many Korachani cities end in that suffix (indeed the nation itself, which I came up with years before I retconned the meaning of -chan, ends in the same suffix.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Oh, I absolutely love this. While I find your atlas project impressive as all hell, these types of maps will always be more my cup of tea. I love the texture and the somewhat murky colour the land has. The horizontal lines around the coasts (I can't for the life of me remember what that effect is called, I think it had a proper name...?) are maybe a tad too strong for my taste, but it's a minor issue. That border is fabulous in all its simplicity!
    Thanks! I think they're wave lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Moureau View Post
    This is a huge amount of work, and an humbling demonstration of world building.

The whole document is believable and your map is quite solid too !
    thanks!

Good grief - you put an awe-inspiring amount of worldbuilding into every little details. I'm glad you got to take a little break from the atlas-style maps, because this piece is well-done.

Great map ! As always from you, but I'm having the biggest pleasure with discovering this one and a different style. I especially enjoy the colors and tiny towns icons here, and of course... the worldbuilding work ! o_o

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast